Sheffield Retro 31 Pictures Ecclesall Rd.

Hi Rockers,

The car in the photo is not a Daimler Dart.I had seven Daimler Darts in my time and they did not have a flat topped rear wheel arch.The car in the picture I would guess is a Ford 10 Special with a Typhoon fibre glass body,but it is only a guess.

Kind Regards

Bri

2 hours ago, Brian Hardy said:

Hi Rockers,

The car in the photo is not a Daimler Dart.I had seven Daimler Darts in my time and they did not have a flat topped rear wheel arch.The car in the picture I would guess is a Ford 10 Special with a Typhoon fibre glass body,but it is only a guess.

Kind Regards

Bri

That's what struck me when I first spotted it, a Ford Special with fi-glass body. My father had a Ford Ashley-bodied special, it was mounted on the Ford Pop chassis I believe,  and if you look carefully in the pic I think it has the Ford Pop wheels.

7 hours ago, Brian Hardy said:

Hi Rockers,

Kind Regards

Bri

I had the same thoughts (Honest officer :blush:)

The two-tone paint doesn't do it any favours.

4 hours ago, carosio said:

That's what struck me when I first spotted it, a Ford Special with fi-glass body. My father had a Ford Ashley-bodied special, it was mounted on the Ford Pop chassis I believe,  and if you look carefully in the pic I think it has the Ford Pop wheels.

Poor picture but possible 

Convair Cars - a 50s Ford E93A Special (oldclassiccar.co.uk)

TWM car

Sheffield retro: 31 nostalgic photos taking you back in time to Ecclesall Road in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s