London Chemical Attack

1 minute ago, altus said:

I'm not so bothered about the church being naive, it's what they do after all, but what on earth were the Home Office doing overriding their previous judgements about the guy because someone from a group of people known to be naively trusting says he should be allowed to stay!

A very good question - I wish the H.O. would give us a believable answer to that.

5 minutes ago, altus said:

I'm not so bothered about the church being naive, it's what they do after all, but what on earth were the Home Office doing overriding their previous judgements about the guy because someone from a group of people known to be naively trusting says he should be allowed to stay!

That will be partly down to media and social pressure groups

Just now, Delayed said:

I don't know enough about it to pass reasonable judgement tbh

Fair enough. Although a number of my Muslim friends/contacts have told me that what these 'holy men' come out with is an aberration of their faith.

• Like 1

Just now, Delayed said:

That will be partly down to media and social pressure groups

Shouldn't be - they are supposed to be part of the system that protects the country.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Shouldn't be - they are supposed to be part of the system that protects the country.

Agreed but I do think the home office are caught between a rock and a hard place. 

They either try and deport people which kicks up a storm before it's the wrong type of person which is where you get Human rights lawyers, charities, protestors or the general public to stop flights. 

Or you get the other half of the public complaining that the home office don't deport, grant everyone Asylum, give free houses and unlimited money to people etc. Etc 

And whichever government has their turn to try and improve things, they will face the same issues and chances are won't do the needful 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Agreed but I do think the home office are caught between a rock and a hard place. 

They either try and deport people which kicks up a storm before it's the wrong type of person which is where you get Human rights lawyers, charities, protestors or the general public to stop flights. 

Or you get the other half of the public complaining that the home office don't deport, grant everyone Asylum, give free houses and unlimited money to people etc. Etc 

And whichever government has their turn to try and improve things, they will face the same issues and chances are won't do the needful 

I wonder who instigates this - obviously not people who have a regard for the majority, who merely wish to get on with their lives in relative peace and harmony. Wonder what they get out of it??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I wonder who instigates this - obviously not people who have a regard for the majority, who merely wish to get on with their lives in relative peace and harmony. Wonder what they get out of it??

One example:

http://www.no-deportations.org.uk/

3 minutes ago, Delayed said:

One example:

http://www.no-deportations.org.uk/

A 'charity' too. Maybe we should be looking closer to our 'legal beagles'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

A 'charity' too. Maybe we should be looking closer to our 'legal beagles'.

So when Priti Patel got slated for using the term lefty lawyers she wasn't completely far off the mark. 

9 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

£££££s

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Delayed said:

So when Priti Patel got slated for using the term lefty lawyers she wasn't completely far off the mark. 

Nope.

• Like 1