Jewish Families In Days Gone Bye

Shyruk

Hi , first post on Sheffield forum , I believe I have Jewish ancestors from Sheffield in days gone bye and have a couple of photographs which I am reluctant to post .

That said,  I believe one Was called Harry Love or Lowe which are written on the back by my late Grandmother Annie Amelia Shelton nèe Bake whost family were the processors of the photos . I'm informed that one in particular is much sought after by the Sheffield Jewish community and holds monetary value . Could anyone on here please be so kind as to whom I need to contact to have this verified .

Thank you in advance.

11 hours ago, Shyruk said:

... I believe I have Jewish ancestors from Sheffield in days gone bye and have a couple of photographs which I am reluctant to post ...

There is a Group for researching Jewish heritage in Britain at https://groups.io/g/British-Jewry  and the Sheffield & District Family History Society at https://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2023 at 20:01, cuttsie said:

Our thoughts are with the Jewish people this week , especially those with friends and relatives in Israel .  Not forgetting the Palestinian innocent citizens who have no connection with the Hamas gangsters . 

I will second that contribution.

I feel for the Jewish families who have suffered and I feel equally for Palestinian families who have suffered in exactly the same way.

The Hamas attack in the middle east has brought out a lot of nastiness and caused a lot of blame including on this forum.

There are many people, institutions and governments who should share the blame for this terrible tragedy but, the ones who suffer are almost always the innocents.

• Like 2