Very Heavy Shelf - Need Advice

Evening..

Just bought two very heavy oak shelves which have come with heavy duty black steel brackets - 2 for each shelf. Shelves are about 10kg each. Once up, they won't be holding anything heavy, just lightweight objects. Will be drilling into an end Victoria brick wall (as opposed to dividing wall).

Can I ask, what length and size screws are needed for this job and what and type of raw plugs - plastic (what colour) or metal?

Shelves are going above the tv so although I have concerns about shelves falling on to the tv, I'm more concerned about the wall falling away with the shelves!!

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, FelineUK said:

Evening..

Just bought two very heavy oak shelves which have come with heavy duty black steel brackets - 2 for each shelf. Shelves are about 10kg each. Once up, they won't be holding anything heavy, just lightweight objects. Will be drilling into an end Victoria brick wall (as opposed to dividing wall).

Can I ask, what length and size screws are needed for this job and what and type of raw plugs - plastic (what colour) or metal?

Shelves are going above the tv so although I have concerns about shelves falling on to the tv, I'm more concerned about the wall falling away with the shelves!!

Thank you!!

Got a pic of the brackets? Hole sizes in the brackets and size of brackets. Pic of the shelves would be good as well.

Edited by KP Nuts

Yes but, um...  how do I insert photos... ?!

7mm drill bit. Brown plugs. 80x5 screws. Should do the job.

Thanks all... I'll pass the info on 🙂