Idiot Labour Party Leaflet Deliverers

The Lib Dems put your name and address on their stuff - and then sometimes leave them  half way through the letter box, or wedged in the door jorm if your letter box is round the back .

9 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed, I mean leaflet delivery is often sub contracted out anyway, the spotty kid who ends up doing it probably doesnt give a toss if he is delivering Dominos menus or party political leaflets.

That's a generalisation unfairly maligning spotty kids. I've noticed people of all types delivering leaflets properly and not. Surely anybody paying[1] for leaflets to be delivered has an interest in them being delivered in a way that doesn't annoy potential voters/customers.

[1] Or even getting volunteers to deliver.

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

The Lib Dems put your name and address on their stuff - and then sometimes leave them  half way through the letter box, or wedged in the door jorm if your letter box is round the back .

They too are idiots if they do that.

• Like 1

I apologise if you are offended by the content of my question no offence intended. 

As a postman I go to literally hundreds of doors a day. In my experience all the leaflet distributors do this. When they get there before us, which will become more and more often, every address has them hanging halfway out so when we lift the flap up they fall out.  What are we supposed to do? Post the leaflets for them properly, for free, whilst they have got paid for it? And since we are talking dozens if not hundreds of doors, pick up all the leaflets that have fell on the floor and the wind blows them all over? Zero chance of that one! Why can't they put them all the way through? We do. Their employers only need to follow them round to see all their leaflets on the floor and see they haven't done their jobs properly. Or maybe I am wrong, maybe they are told to do it like that?

20 hours ago, olilew said:

As a postman I go to literally hundreds of doors a day. In my experience all the leaflet distributors do this. When they get there before us, which will become more and more often, every address has them hanging halfway out so when we lift the flap up they fall out.  What are we supposed to do? Post the leaflets for them properly, for free, whilst they have got paid for it? And since we are talking dozens if not hundreds of doors, pick up all the leaflets that have fell on the floor and the wind blows them all over? Zero chance of that one! Why can't they put them all the way through? We do. Their employers only need to follow them round to see all their leaflets on the floor and see they haven't done their jobs properly. Or maybe I am wrong, maybe they are told to do it like that?

good post and info.

What concerns me is that the political parties have access to the names and addresses of people on the edited as well as the noin-edited electoral roll lists.  In other words, people who have opted OUT of letting companies access the electoral roll to send them offers etc, still have to put up with these organisations getting access to it, and abusing it.

All we can do is note which parties are doing this, and not vote for them...... assuming there are any left to vote for!

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

good post and info.

What concerns me is that the political parties have access to the names and addresses of people on the edited as well as the noin-edited electoral roll lists.  In other words, people who have opted OUT of letting companies access the electoral roll to send them offers etc, still have to put up with these organisations getting access to it, and abusing it.

All we can do is note which parties are doing this, and not vote for them...... assuming there are any left to vote for!

ALL parties have access to the full list. See here...

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/be-data-aware/political-campaigning-practices-direct-marketing/

"Political parties and candidates are entitled to receive a copy of the full electoral register"

Therefore they are doing nothing wrong by writing to you with your name on a leaflet/envelope.

Further down it states you are entitled to ask parties not to contact you from this list but you need to contact each directly.

Edited by HeHasRisen

• It's not just political leaflets I'm talking about, it's ALL leaflets, pizza, conservatories, farm foods, everything. The leaflet deliverers all do the same.
  • Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 20:52, olilew said:
  • It's not just political leaflets I'm talking about, it's ALL leaflets, pizza, conservatories, farm foods, everything. The leaflet deliverers all do the same.

No. As per previous posts, the full Electoral Register is available only to political parties.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

No. As per previous posts, the full Electoral Register is available only to political parties.

Indeed, you dont need a register to walk around houses shoving things through letterboxes ffs.

You're right. But I think that the point previously made turned on use of personal data other than by political parties.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

You're right. But I think that the point previously made turned on use of personal data other than by political parties.

No i think one poster wrongly accused political parties of having illegal access to the full electoral register, dont think anyone has suggested the likes of Farmfoods etc have this list.

If anything those leaflets come in the weekly Royal Mail leaflet dump the posties have to deliver. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

I was simply talking about them not delivering properly regardless of what the leaflet is.