Car Stereo And Fitting, Diy?

Been looking at Halfords and also a place in Chapeltown, Source Sounds. Bloomin' pricey getting this stuff fitted isn't it. 

It's for my lad, first car and he's not got a lot of pennies.

He's got a Vauxhall Corsa D.

Wants a head unit with apple car play.

Are they really that difficult to fit?

Do i need to buy a load of tools to do it?

I know he'll need the unit plus some sort of electrical cable pack, anything else?

Cheers 

Have you searched youtube, there might be some tutorials on "install Apple Car Play head unit"?

You will probably have to disconnect battery before starting the job and this can, on some car models, present problems.

Installing wiring can involve removing plastic trims, I have one of those toolsets for doing this properly which should prevent damage.

Again, youtube is very useful for showing you how to tackle it on a specific model.

Edited by carosio
update

16 hours ago, CathS said:

Been looking at Halfords and also a place in Chapeltown, Source Sounds. Bloomin' pricey getting this stuff fitted isn't it. 

I know he'll need the unit plus some sort of electrical cable pack, anything else?

Cheers 

Fitting usually includes much more than just the stereo.

Usually need a wiring harness for the stereo to work in the car along with one or two extra wiring harnesses to enable vehicle specific controls.  Some extra cables might be needed to enable auxiliary input or to connect a mobile phone.

Also might need a trim fascia piece to cover any unsightly holes.

It all adds up and can put a fairly big extra chunk onto the price of just the stereo.

22 hours ago, CathS said:

Cheers 

It's all plug and play ebay for fascia kit and iso lead takes 20 mins to fit in car corsa are easy as anything same with astra aswell