Singer Wanting To Buddy Up For Casual Practice/Open Mic

Hello! I'm a female singer looking for a low-key band interested in a regular practise meet up (for backing or lead) or guitarist or other instrumentalist to do open mic nights. I am completely untrained and a bit rusty, but I have a reasonable range, different styles, a pretty eclectic taste from folk (not super trad) to rock (not super metal) with a little experience doing open mics, band practise and contributing to song writing (mostly lyrics). I can accompany with rhythm guitar but I am very out of practise!  I'm after a little bit of fun and people/a person won't take themselves too seriously.

Can you smash out Muse solos but can't hit Matt Bellamy's high notes? Got some dreamy/psych folk you want to put vocals to? Want to do 80s covers?!? Get in touch and we can see if we have compatible tastes :) I'm based in SW Sheffield and limited to public transport.

Edited by RachT23

Hi Rach - I play drums/keyboards with a few mates (guitars/keyboards) writng/recording songs in my small cellar studio in Greystones S11.  The style is hard to pin down but its not covers - sort of a blend of synth rock / dance.  We think a vocal could fit in well.  Re transport - it maybe that you are close?  Are you far from the Greystones pub - we could meet up for a chat.  Pete Hill

Hi. I play finger picking type modern folk type stuff, also a bit rusty but want to get into making music, mostly for fun with gigging in mind for the future. Ryan

On 30/08/2022 at 00:33, Crayola said:

Hi. I play finger picking type modern folk type stuff, also a bit rusty but want to get into making music, mostly for fun with gigging in mind for the future. Ryan

I was vocalist with 50s rock and roll band , I want jamming can anyone help me 

I can sing (a bit) mainly 70s/80s Rock, cheesy 80s Pop.

And no, I am not linking to any of my songs on here, I get enough stick as it is.