The Fiesta Club Sheffield

Hiy Kath, I have distant memories of Linda going out there now! I remember Yvonne very well, we played in the football team together, the last one she played in she was about to have her first baby - she was huge! In fact I have a photo of us all somewhere with the Real Thing do you remember we used to follow them around everywhere?

Hi Wendy yes I do remember the game I had married by then but still come into the club to see everyone and for the free drinks. Yes I do remember following the Real Thing poor jim lipthorpe used to go mad as I always needed to go home to Middlesbrough if the group had a gig in any of the Northen clubs. Did you come to the Fiesta christmas party in Stockton when Jim and Keith put the bus on for us. do you remember Alan Spangler he come to the Fiesta from baileys clubs and Roger I remember he broke his leg quite badly.I used to live with Alan Mayes he played with the Roy orbison Band when I worked at the club we shared a flat with Kathy a waitress from the club. and do you remember Bob Monday he was compare for a short time.

Hiy Kath, I have distant memories of Linda going out there now! I remember Yvonne very well, we played in the football team together, the last one she played in she was about to have her first baby - she was huge! In fact I have a photo of us all somewhere with the Real Thing do you remember we used to follow them around everywhere?

Hi Wendy yes I do remember the game I had married by then but still come into the club to see everyone and for the free drinks. Yes I do remember following the Real Thing poor jim lipthorpe used to go mad as I always needed to go home to Middlesbrough if the group had a gig in any of the Northen clubs. Did you come to the Fiesta christmas party in Stockton when Jim and Keith put the bus on for us. do you remember Alan Spangler he come to the Fiesta from baileys clubs and Roger I remember he broke his leg quite badly.I used to live with Alan Mayes he played with the Roy orbison Band when I worked at the club we shared a flat with Kathy a waitress from the club. and do you remember Bob Monday he was compare for a short time.

I do remember the christmas party, I broke the heel from my boot, they were bright green with huge platforms! I went up to Stockton a few times. Alan Spangler rings a bell, can't remember him breaking his leg tho. Do you remember Dot Sloane from Newcastle who worked there at the same time as me? can't place Bob Monday. I remember we used to get mini buses everywhere to follow the real thing, ha ha.

Georgie Fame appeared thre one night nissed as a pewt and they had to close the cutain on him.

He had been drinking in the Mulberry all day with Alex Hurricane Higgins, Mick Lee the landlord threw them out at 10.30 and he was onstage at Midnight off at 5 past.

Georgie Fame appeared thre one night nissed as a pewt and they had to close the cutain on him.

He had been drinking in the Mulberry all day with Alex Hurricane Higgins, Mick Lee the landlord threw them out at 10.30 and he was onstage at Midnight off at 5 past.

I remember when georgie fame was on, he was supposed to have been involved in a car accident? wonder if it was the same 'incident'!!

I remember when georgie fame was on, he was supposed to have been involved in a car accident? wonder if it was the same 'incident'!!

No georgie was very very drunk, I was in the Mulberry tavern across the road from the Fiesta and Georgie was there with Alex Higgins about noon, I went home at 2 and returned at 7.30 and they were still there!

Not many people mention the Mulberry when Big Mick had it, Herol Graham behind the bar and the best looking bar staff in the UK! I always remember the night Ringo Starr Eric Clapton and the McGuinness Flint band came in to see Mick. He had done some roadie/security work for them in the late 60s early 70s and stayed in touch.

By the way do you remember the chef from the Fiesta who murdred the prositute in Handsworth. Her name was Edna, forget his.

• 1 month later...

My parents and a couple of their friends went there to see Freddy Starr, they were really looking forward to it, but as soon as Freddy appeared doing his Tarzan act, my mum promptly fainted and had to be carried out. My mum has always stated it was because of the heat, but my Dad seems to think it was because she had seen Freddy in the flesh, so to speak after all he was only wearing a loincloth. :hihi:

I worked at the Fiesta when we had a strike, they brought scabs in, I think it lasted about 2 weeks, we use to go to the tgwu hq for refeshments to break up the picket duty. when we went back to work I remember the dj playing "you can't get me i'm part of the union"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah yes the good old days of the fiesta.

heres another one of my threads ill probably get hung for,

by the time the club was on its last legs and about to close i was just about old enough to get in,so dont have to many persional memories but my mum and dad went quite often.

apart from bad management in the end (didnt the last owner take off to America with the takings of owing a lot of money) correct me if im wrong.around 1979.

To compete the club had to pay silly money to the artists in the end. i persionally hold shirly bassy responsable (and a few others) for the death of the fiesta,with the fee they charged to appear.

Pure greed.

if it wasnt for the fans these artists would be know where or still on the wmc circuit.in those days the artists didnt have as many over heads as they have today.

Bring back entertainment for all,not just the under 25s.