The Fiesta Club Sheffield

Im sure chicken or scampi in a basket was £1.

Where abouts was The Fiesta Club in Sheffield?

Where abouts was The Fiesta Club in Sheffield?

Arundel gate where the cinema is at the side of the top rank

Good pics !!

I'm still looking for the elusive inside pictures too - if anyone knows anybody that could have pictures of the Fiesta in full flow please get them in touch wiht me !

What memories! I remember going to the Fiesta quite regularly in the 70's. I went the day after I got married in 1972. Like a number of the posters have said it was a place where you got dressed up to go and always felt a million dollars. We used to always have the free tickets too. In fact I cannot actually ever having paid to visit the Fiesta. Some of the acts I remember going to see are The Drifters, Four Tops, Bruce Forsyth, Guys and Dolls, Showaddywaddy. I also remember being able to go backstage to meet the artistes and meeting Bruce Forsyth who was a very charming man. I saw Guys and Dolls quite a number of times and they signed an album of theirs (don't think I still have it though). I also remember there were live bands on at the Top Rank and seeing Love Affair there and then bumping into them in Pond Street by the escalators and the kiosk that used to be there and getting their autographs. What memories.

I fondly remember seeing the Beach Boys and Frankie Vally & the 4 seasons about 1973 what exciting nights.

Norman Wisdom and Tommy Cooper were the best I could manage. Mind you, they were good!

1979 Roy Castle..

Blowing his trumpet and taking great gulps of cigarette laden smoke,

He was a non-smoker..then died of lung cancer.

I think Pattie Paige was on that night too.

I remember seeing Gene Pitney there amongst many others and yes, I had forgotten about the "dressing up" bit....70's, long skirts and dresses, taking ages to get ready.:)

Also the free tickets. We used to get a few through work for some reason. Those were good times right enough.:thumbsup:

Many thanks to the chap who has heard our plea and posted pictures of the fiesta on sheffieldhistory.co.uk

It's worth seeing just for the grumpy woman who doesnt' want to watch the dancing.

It would be great to go back in time for a night out at the Fiesta. I dont' know who I would choose to see though..

Keith and Jim Libthorpe were the owners of the Fiesta club in Sheffield and It's sister club in Stockton on Tees.

As we know some of the biggest acts in the world appeared at the Fiesta, but as time went on the fees demanded by the big artists were more than the takings on the door, so eventually the bubble had to burst. What a great shame that a club that made everyone feel special on their night out, should come to a sad end. There will never be anything like it again in the UK let alone Sheffield.

: a pint of milk a day for a week in 1968 was 6 shillings and 3 halfpence:

Also I just remembered, an Australian guy in a white suit was the compare around 72 73, I forget his name bit he is the guy who sings the theme tune for Neighbours on telly. I think it was Barry something. There was a girl i knew on reception called Lynn Butcher from Darnall.

[People in glass houses should grow more plants].

I used to babysit for Keith Lipthorpe, one of the owners of the Fiesta, and his wife. He used to offer me free tix but I only took him up on the offer once - Blue Mink tix.

I was a fiesta fawn from 1971 for a few years - if you knew the lipthorpe brothers i presume you would have known the staff they sent down from stockton to start the sheffield one going - Carole was the manageress - a tall blond guy who i can't remember now - but also Yvonne - who later became von von von - she married bobby ball! we all played in the fiesta ladies football team together - we played for charity and the stars who appeared would kick off the games, we had some great times and had a proper trainer who had us running up and down the aisles for hours on end.

Betty Gunn also worked there and Bob Bacon.