Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else broody?

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhh,I am so broody, i have 3 fab daughters 16,14 and 12, and me and hubby are so very broody, have been for a few years but we thought it would pass but the feeling is just getting stronger. I have my own business and life is good and we know what an upheaval it would be to start again but its driving me mad, also the big age gap puts me off, i was a late baby and grew up like an only child and i was never very close to my brothers and sister as a child. Please someone tell me that the feeling will pass.

My mum had me and my sister young then two more sisters in her late 30's It's brill having younger sisters that look up to you for advice and protection - Go for it.

thats the thing, you couldnt really have just one could you,it would mean a house move, people carrier, my head and heart are fighting each other, i should feel content with 3 wonderful daughters shouldnt I.

Id love a cat,but its not the same.We have a rabbit that we keep indoors and we love her to bits but we still feel broody.

Aw everybody seems broody lately!!

All my fellow child haters (just kidding!) have turned into wannabe mums!

I like children but couldnt eat a whole one ;)

I'm constantly broody, and have been for the last 15 years or so- you have my sympathies LHarman.

I can't have children naturally and because of my health also can't adopt or foster unfortunately. It's amazing how the dates of adoption of my cats tallies in to the times of maximum broodiness- finding out that Big Sis was pregnant, my friends having babies- you can date them all.

yes we have, its a wonderful thing to do, my friend has helped so many,but its the whole pregnancy thing we love too.

I'd say go for it. If you are a loving, close family, you will all make an effort to make sure your new child doesn't feel like an only child. They will probably all love the age gap in a way, there is a big age gap between my older and younger brother but it works out just fine! I never thought when I was 14 and my brother was 22 that I'd ever get to go out drinking with him, now he comes out with me and my friends! The dynamics change as you grow up, we found.

This broody feeling doesn't sound like it's going to go away! If you and your husband have the energy and money- go for it :)

I'm constantly broody, and have been for the last 15 years or so- you have my sympathies LHarman.

I can't have children naturally and because of my health also can't adopt or foster unfortunately. It's amazing how the dates of adoption of my cats tallies in to the times of maximum broodiness- finding out that Big Sis was pregnant, my friends having babies- you can date them all.

i know how fortunate we are, and i sometimes think it being greedy to have more kids, but the feeling is so strong, you wouldnt think it would be having kids already would you

i know how fortunate we are, and i sometimes think it being greedy to have more kids, but the feeling is so strong, you wouldnt think it would be having kids already would you

I think when peoples children get that bit older, they want to experience it all again. And thats wonderful cos it shows that you are good parents!

Don't worry about the age gap, it'll be nice for your daughters to have a little bro or sis!

I'm 18 and secretly I think I'd quite like it if my mum had another baby, I can't imagine her having another one but it'd be great!