Sign in to follow this  

Music On My Phone

I transferred all my CDs onto my Galaxy S4 phone and play them through a sound freak when working out of the house.

I have now invested???? in an S10 and transferred a lotof stuff onto it.

Except my music hasn't /won't.

Why?

Have you tried different apps to play the music?

I can recommend trying VLC.

no, it' s that it hasn't transferred  not that it won't play.

If you used Samsung Smart Switch, it doesn't always transfer all MP3's, especially if they were ripped from a CD - as (depending how you ripped them) the license to the files wouldn't be transferred....

If you still have the CD's, re-rip them to your computer, plug in the S10 in 'file transfer' mode (it will pop up on the phone when you plug in to the computer) - and drop the ripped MP3 files into the Music folder - organized how you like...

If you don't need to re-rip them, and still have the MP3's, just do as I said above without ripping obviously :)

You could try plugging your Galaxy S4 phone into your computer, drag and drop the music files from the phone to the computer, then 'safely remove and eject' the S4, plug in the S10 and drag and drop from the computer to your new phone. More or less as suggested by Ghozer but without having to re-rip from te CD's.

Edited by Phili Buster

I forgot I have a program called:  android file transfer.

I used this to transfer the music files from my computer(iMac) to the S4.

I have  transferred (drag and drop) one album from the mac to the S10 using this.

So I shall work my way through all the files.

Thank you both for your  help.

Shouldn't need any special programs. Just a USB-C to whatever USB you have on your Mac. Then it should just be drag and drop through Finder.