Chickens and coops stolen Southey Green

Over the past 2 nights I've had 2 unused chicken coops stolen from outside my house in Southey Green. Last night the thieves broke into my chicken run and stole 2 of my chickens ( a distinctive  reddy brown one  and a black one - not the battery hen types that you see a lot of). they also emptied and stole my wheelie bin -presumably to transport the chickens.

If you  notice that your neighbours have become owners to a red rock and a block rock chicken overnight, could you let me or the police know.  

Many thanks ☹️

Edited by Priorylady
typo

what a total disgrace,attitude is if anyone wants it ,just take it  ,i feel sorry for you,i hope you get them back

1 hour ago, Priorylady said:

Over the past 2 nights I've had 2 unused chicken coops stolen from outside my house in Southey Green. Last night the thieves broke into my chicken run and stole 2 of my chickens ( a distinctive  reddy brown one  and a black one - not the battery hen types that you see a lot of). they also emptied and stole my wheelie bin -presumably to transport the chickens.

If you  notice that your neighbours have become owners to a red rock and a block rock chicken overnight, could you let me or the police know.  

Many thanks ☹️

Just curious,  but are they valuable.

no, not really valuable they cost  £12-15 each to buy as 18 week olds.  but they are my pets,  so monetary value is not the issue.  It's also the violation of property and personal space, and the worry of how many will go tonight, or tomorrow night

10 minutes ago, Priorylady said:

no, not really valuable they cost  £12-15 each to buy as 18 week olds.  but they are my pets,  so monetary value is not the issue.  It's also the violation of property and personal space, and the worry of how many will go tonight, or tomorrow night

Seems a lot of trouble for someone to go to for something that is of little value, do you think it"s kids..  Sorry its happened and hope they catch the varmints .

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Seems a lot of trouble for someone to go to for something that is of little value, do you think it"s kids..  Sorry its happened and hope they catch the varmints .

to carry away the 2 coops and runs the night before (so quietly that I didn't hear anything -although it was quite windy so I might have not clocked any little noises) I suspect that this must have been adults as  they are quite heavy and awkward to carry.

I have very little hope of the police being able to do anything or that they will be returned

Can't understand some people, why can't they make their own coop and buy a couple of hens rather than steal someone else's coops and pets. Bet a decent coop could be made for £30 and then 4 ex battery hens £20. Not easy things to carry away a couple of chicken coops they must have had a largish van, is there any cctv near to you?

Edited by iansheff