Advert for an 8Gb "photo stick"at the bottom of a forum page

As in the title:  the ad is for an 8Gb "photo stick" for £23.43 which searches your computer and  downloads 1000s??? of  photos  as a back up.

Out of interest my photos take up 153Gb so it doesn't seem much of a bargain.

What is so wonderful about this memory stick?

Edited by davyboy
typo

I guess that it is meant for someone who is too lazy/doesn't know how to back up their photos.

Given that you can now buy a 128Gb usb stick for under a tenner, 8Gb for £23 does not represent great value for money! 😵

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that you can now buy a 128Gb usb stick for under a tenner, 8Gb for £23 does not represent great value for money! 😵

Price of memory cards has really dropped, I got a 16gb SanDisk microsd off Ebay £3 inc delivery.

Doesn't the photo stick the OP mentions automatically down load all the image files when you plug it in?

34 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Price of memory cards has really dropped, I got a 16gb SanDisk microsd off Ebay £3 inc delivery.

Doesn't the photo stick the OP mentions automatically down load all the image files when you plug it in?

I remember in the old Sony Memory Stick days, seeing a 1Gb memory stick for £300 in a shop in Akihabara and thinking that it was magic!

Yes, the stick the OP mentions does automatically download image files so that is £1 for the USB stick and £22 for the software which basically does a .jpg search puts them in a folder and copies it to the usb drive.

No sane person is going to buy this item, surely . I can do what the software does in about four clicks of my mouse, from my £12.50 'Integral' 128GB pen-drive.