Young Professional Accommodation

Hey!

I'm currently at Hallam and will be graduating in June, which means I need to get a job. I've got a bit of a problem because I didn't want to committ myself to a house before the job came along as that could all go very wrong. But now all my friends (who are still students) are sorted and I'm beginning to worry about where I might live!

I was just wondering if anyone knows any good places to find accommodation for young professionals? I'd really still like to share with other people. I almost got a house with student mates but the landlord decided at the last minute he didn't want to rent with a non-student 'cause of council tax etc. Is this a common problem!? I'm aware I will need to pay it and was quite willing to do so. I know all the places to look to find student accommodation but I'm not so sure where to start regarding young professional house-shares.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Claire

I'd say looking/posting on hear at the time is a good bet.

I am a "young professional" and our landlord is fine with it - it's harder when you share with students though.

I,m looking for acomodation for a young professional too Claiireee. It is hard but normally the standard of accomodation is better than for students. II'm looking or somewhere from July so if you here of anywhere can you let me know.

Thanks

PM me or my email address is [email protected]

hi i am also looking for thst sort of accomodation too!! for early july 2004.. help if anyone finds anything!

If you can afford it try and see there's room at the inn over at the new posh flats on West street, you know the ones opposite the tram stop.

Either there or West One which is round the corner from there on Devonshire Green.

they are far to expensive, im looking for £100 a week at the most..:(...

I'd recommend not sharing with students once you've graduated.

When your up for work at 7am everyday, the student way of life doesnt seem so appealing!

There is a page for Sheffield accommodation adverts at

http://www.letalife.com/Ad_list.asp?T=5955

There are currently over 50 adverts online all under 6 weeks old.

There is also a submission page for you to place your own free "Wanted" or "To Let" advert on the Sheffield page this is at

http://www.letalife.com/Ad_place.asp?T=5955

Hope this is helpful - Michele - from LetaLife.com

Hi,

I have a room for rent in my apartment on West Street. It is 6th floor, has balcony with THE best views over the whole of Sheffield.

Im a young professional and may be away alot from mid July so you would then have the run of the apartment. You also get the use of a very large bathroom to yourself (my room has its own).

Im easy going, and a bit desperate for a tennant as im skint! I smoke but try and keep it to the balcony when it isnt raining so the apartment doesn't stink of cig's.

Also (this is the best bit!) i have a 42" plasma TV in my lounge! A 2 seater sofa and a reclining chair!

Ive not fully worked out prices as i only found this website today. But if your interested, email [email protected] and we can discuss further.

Cheers

Ollie

no wonder you're skint with a 42" tele.

I wasn't skint when i bought it. But that was before all the annoying bills started coming through like electricity, water, service charge etc...!!

Ya live and learn i guess!