Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
It depends on the sector because, where i work (public sector) the director is female, many of the unit managers are female (don't know exact numbers, but the majority of managers i can think of are female) and most of the team leaders are female. And that's only talking of those on grades above me. Of the 8 of us on my grade, it's a 50/50 split, and of those on the 2 grades below me, the majority are female. Our office is predominantly female, with the unit manager being female. So, from personal experience, females have been in the majority where i work.

Now, the private sector might be different and i can't speak for that. But, it is against the law for 2 people to be paid differently for doing the same job. By that same token, if it's possible to pay a woman less to do the same job as a man, why aren't employers scrambling to employ more women? A bit like the argument with foreign workers.

If women are underrepresented higher up, is it simply down to discrimination? If it is, why aren't they taking the employer to court?

You make some good points but it’s not as straightforward as getting paid for the same job - it’s having the mobility to move into the top jobs which statistics show don’t happen too much for women compared to men.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the wireless on last night and GF was the subject. The Lady who was one of the contributors was trying to explain why she wanted her Passport to list her sex as X. The X to denote that she wanted to be known as male one day, or female perhaps the next, or indeed neither one or the other but some kind of "intersex". The host did ask some relevant questions which X did try to answer, but the simple question I was waiting for never came. "Which toilet would you use on a day to day basis away from home". Maybe the easiest way out would now be to build /adapt, Gents, Ladies or GF/X.

Angel1.

Had the wireless on last night and GF was the subject. The Lady who was one of the contributors was trying to explain why she wanted her Passport to list her sex as X. The X to denote that she wanted to be known as male one day, or female perhaps the next, or indeed neither one or the other but some kind of "intersex". The host did ask some relevant questions which X did try to answer, but the simple question I was waiting for never came. "Which toilet would you use on a day to day basis away from home". Maybe the easiest way out would now be to build /adapt, Gents, Ladies or GF/X.

Angel1.

Even easier for us to just stop being so hung up about toilets. A toilet is a toilet regardless of the users gender.

Even easier for us to just stop being so hung up about toilets. A toilet is a toilet regardless of the users gender.

No one except you "progressives" were "hung up" about toilets. Toilets were the furthest thing from peoples minds before you lot started campaigning for unisex toilets to appease the tiny minority of gender confused people.

Toilets in many places are confined intimate places and if they're all made unisex("gender neutral") an increase in bad things will happen, i.e sexual assaults; and all for your virtue signalling.

No one except you "progressives" were "hung up" about toilets. Toilets were the furthest thing from peoples minds before you lot started campaigning for unisex toilets to appease the tiny minority of gender confused people.

Toilets in many places are confined intimate places and if they're all made unisex("gender neutral") an increase in bad things will happen, i.e sexual assaults; and all for your virtue signalling.

I never imagined a sex offender would be put off by the sign on a toilet door.

I never imagined a sex offender would be put off by the sign on a toilet door.

It just makes it easier though doesn't it? a man with malintent lingering in and around a ladies toilets would look a bit suspicious whereas if the toilets were unisex he could easily hang around in wait.

It just makes it easier though doesn't it? a man with malintent lingering in and around a ladies toilets would look a bit suspicious whereas if the toilets were unisex he could easily hang around in wait.

Lingering in any public toilet in going to be suspicious.

I've used unisex toilets in France, they seem to work just fine.

Guest makapaka

There are always disabled toilets in place these days.

That’s if people don’t assume that this means that by using a disabled toilet they are being identified as disabled or something.

Really? Who do you think will commit all these sexual assaults?

In a posting history littered with idiotic comments, this is just about the most idiotic thing that you've ever managed to post.

Do you really think that paedophiles spend their days loitering in public toilets waiting for a victim? According to NSPCC, over 90% of child abuse victims know their attacker. Nothing at all to do with public toilets.

Unisex toilets make perfect sense. I can't for the life of me think of reasons why we have to assign gender to a piece of porcelain.

There are three toilets in my house. All are open to use by anyone, of any gender.