Councillors Expenses/Salaries

£9,785.00 . You cant have made much effort to look. It is all there for each counselor.

Though, to be more fully accurate, those figures are for about 9 months, 1st April 2016 to 31st January 2017. not all those listed are now councillors. the amounts vary as well. and there was a small increase this april

The basic allowance is now a bit under £12,000 a year - at least that's what i get as a councillor.

Is this going to turn into a councillor bashing thread in which people enjoy having a go but offer up no ideas or solutions to things themselves?! :roll:

The basic allowance is now a bit under £12,000 a year - at least that's what i get as a councillor.

I was chatting to Andy N, that is what he said.

Though, to be more fully accurate, those figures are for about 9 months, 1st April 2016 to 31st January 2017. not all those listed are now councillors. the amounts vary as well. and there was a small increase this april

Good point I was more encouraging the OP to do a basic google search to get the information himselfm vbut pointing out I found it with little trouble under 30 seconds. It is readily available. That way you arent reliant on others plus you can see it for your own eyes.

The highest level of allowances in the country is Moray Council in the north-east of Scotland, which gave a basic allowance of £16,722.

Scotland always do it better, no student fees, no prescription charges ........

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/town-hall-wage-gulf-for-yorkshire-s-councillors-1-7780140