Jumped a red light

Has anybody ever looked at the Park Square Roundabout lights? No 5 second delay between the two sets of lights there and anybody who mis-judges an amber light on there, and goes through on amber-red, will hit an eager driver who sets off quickly on an amber-green...

I have only once gone through a red light, which changed whilst I was checking my rear-view mirror. Fortunately there were no cameras and no traffic coming the other way. I had been followed at an extremely close distance from work by a group of young men in a car and (yes I was going too quickly) if I had slammed on the brakes I would have had the men sitting on my back seat. Had anything happened it would have been my fault and I would have accepted that, however I did purposely run that light in order to rid myself of the idiots who had followed me for a good 5 miles at an extremely close distance, scaring me as I am only 19, a fairly new driver, and I was on my own at night.

way after the fact, but if someone is driving like that, you can just indicate and slowly pull over, they will pass you and go on their merry way to be dangerous elsewhere.

some n*b ran a red light yesterday and went straight into the side of my car...not big ..and not clever

way after the fact, but if someone is driving like that, you can just indicate and slowly pull over, they will pass you and go on their merry way to be dangerous elsewhere.

I turned off the main road and went a really wiggly-windy way home in order to try and shake them off - they followed me all the way (and this was not a coincidence!!!) I was far too scared to pull over in case they stopped too - there were four or five of them against one of me! To be honest, I was very surprised that they didn't follow me through the red light :(

I turned off the main road and went a really wiggly-windy way home in order to try and shake them off - they followed me all the way (and this was not a coincidence!!!) I was far too scared to pull over in case they stopped too - there were four or five of them against one of me! To be honest, I was very surprised that they didn't follow me through the red light :(

thats horrible - i would have called the OB if i was you!

thats horrible - i would have called the OB if i was you!

:o and use a mobile phone whilst driving ;) TBH I've put it to the back of my mind now - it did put me off driving alone for a while but I'm a bit of a loner so had to get over that quite quickly :hihi:

:o and use a mobile phone whilst driving ;) TBH I've put it to the back of my mind now - it did put me off driving alone for a while but I'm a bit of a loner so had to get over that quite quickly :hihi:

bloody L - this topic is making me look like a terrible driver...think id better shut up!!! lol

stop and watch them in the rear view, if they get out, wait until they are properly out of the car, then floor it. They can't follow until they've all got back in again.

And of course you could at that point call the police as they are clearly upto no good.