Fitting a smaller front door help!!

I am a landlord and I need a new front door for the house. I am struggling financially so I can't afford a custom made one that fits the measurements. Looking at 2nd hand ones the measurements are either too short or too wide by a couple of cm. Also it's a terrace so needs to be extra tall with a window on top to fit the doorway.

Is there any chance I can fit a smaller door and use packers etc or do the measurements have to match exactly?

Thanks for any help.

If you get a smaller frame and door you can use extensions to make frame wider and taller but they look unsightly ,get one on free interest if you can

If you can't afford the most basic of maintenance, frankly you should get rid. Its not a good situation for either you or the tenant. This is not a criticism of you personally, changes in circumstances do happen, I understand that, but what if it was a more serious issue that occurred? A new front door probably = 2 or 3 weeks rent and its rarely an unexpected item.

There is a place on Abbeydale Road/London Road called Willow the Wisp. They have loads of reclaimed doors and will cut them to size but they are internal doors. The place further down the road has more external double-glazed doors. What are your exact measurements? Fit a window or panel above the door rather than making the door excessively tall? PM me if you want me to come and have a look.

It's an old terrace house. 875 x 2375.

It's an old terrace house. 875 x 2375.

Fit a panel above the door. Double-glazed units are about £20.00. Then get a 36 x 80 inch door blank cut to the correct width. I can come now and give you a price for the job. It would take a day.