Money scam on gum tree

Woman advertising on gum tree asking for deposit for Citroen c3 pluriel soft top. But not available till December 10 th dec because she's moving abroad. But wants to meet at the supermarket in derby but when I looked on the map it was not the post code she gave me..thought it was suspicious saw got my sister to ring and enquire she wants £100 and arranged to meet her aswell..saw if I'm going at 2pm she's going 5 pm how many more people has she scammed.

Have you reported this to the police with reference to the fraud squad.

No .I've reported it to gum tree today. I'm waiting to hear back from them

there was a Mobile phone scam on there recently, Poster showing in the far reaches of Scotland and showing a range of Mobiles well under the market value and would ship for free, she would only contact via E-Mail and wanted cash transfer before ship, I never did anything but got an e-mail from Gumtree saying a contact from Ad..... had been involved with Fraudulent activity

There's loads of scams on GumTree, people are so brazen as well.

They're more than happy to use their own number and bank account to rip people off, make no attempt whatsoever to hide their identity.

There's loads of scams on GumTree, people are so brazen as well.

They're more than happy to use their own number and bank account to rip people off, make no attempt whatsoever to hide their identity.

very true, I wonder if any thing comes of it or just a warning?

Probably very little, the police are busy enough as it is.