Who will replace Labour as the main "progressive" voice in parliament?

See thread title  

34 members have voted

1. 1. See thread title

• The Liberal Democrats
    • A Labour break-away party
    • The SNP (a change of remit required there)
    • UKIP (substantial change in policy platform required one would think)
    • Another of the existing small parties
    • A brand new party
    • An Alliance of two or more of the above
    • I remain hopeful that Labour will survive its current problems

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/effective

Jeremy Corbyn is solely [obnoxious use of upper case removed (actually against the rules you know)] responsible for galvanising thousands [more obnoxious use of upper case removed].

I'd call that pretty damn effective!

Credit where credit's due

If the effect you were going for was destroying the Labour party, he's doing a bang up job. So maybe you're right.

---------- Post added 15-09-2016 at 17:42 ----------

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I had a quick google and I see no indications of negotiations between the Lib Dems and the more sensible Labour MPs. Perhaps it's too early.

Although the more I think about this the more I like it. It's about time that the progressive agenda in parliament was out of the hands of the trade unions.

Edited by unbeliever

UKIP are back in the news with their own forthcoming leadership elections.

I've not heard or read much about the candidates. But they need someone absolutely squeaky clean to battle their tarnished reputation.

Although the Telegraph say this:

Ukip’s job is done. It’s time to disband and return home

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/15/ukips-job-is-done-its-time-to-disband-and-return-home/.

Er, the Daily/Sunday Telegraph are contributors- financially- to the Conservative Party.

So they're scarcely disinterested opinion-providers!

UKIP's new leader, once elected, may well find swathes of peeved ex-Labour voters ready to switch.

Er, the Daily/Sunday Telegraph are contributors- financially- to the Conservative Party.

So they're scarcely disinterested opinion-providers!

UKIP's new leader, once elected, may well find swathes of peeved ex-Labour voters ready to switch.

That aside, UKIP's job is done when we actually leave the EU. And I do mean leave. EEC membership is not leaving.

Don't make me vote for them just to keep them from disappearing before the job is done.

Still they surely do have a limited life ahead of them.

No-one had even HEARD of him 10 months ago

Now he's headline news across the board!

Credit where credit's due :)

How long has he been an mp sol? The only credit he will get is from all the other parties for ruining any chance labour had at the next election.What makes it worse is most labour mps know he will never be pm.