Remembering Studio 7 in the Wicker!

Hi all - I remember when 'Psycho' was being shown there, they had this advertising gimmick, if you didn't get in for the start you couldn't be seated for 15 minutes or so. Movies were shown continuously in the city at that time. Honestly, I can't recall whether it was the Wicker or Studio 7 at that time though. fleetwood

What was the point in making you wait 15 minutes if the film had already started ?

What was the point in making you wait 15 minutes if the film had already started ?

If you don't get it, I can't be bothered to explain the obvious. fleetwood

Tag lines from IMDb

The picture you MUST see from the beginning... Or not at all!... For no one will be seated after the start of... Alfred Hitchcock's greatest shocker Psycho.

* No One ... BUT NO ONE ... Will Be Admitted To The Theatre After The Start Of Each Performance Of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho

They must have watered it down a bit at the Wicker. Couldn't afford to turn down any 2/9d paying customers. :)

Tag lines from IMDb

The picture you MUST see from the beginning... Or not at all!... For no one will be seated after the start of... Alfred Hitchcock's greatest shocker Psycho.

* No One ... BUT NO ONE ... Will Be Admitted To The Theatre After The Start Of Each Performance Of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho

They must have watered it down a bit at the Wicker. Couldn't afford to turn down any 2/9d paying customers. :)

Hi Jim Hardie - Beautiful Jim, to be able to find the actual wording from some archival source is amazing. But I agree they probably watered it down a bit to coincide with the iconic scene that comes up relatively early in the film. I'm sure the gimmick only lasted as long as it was pulling the crowds in. fleetwood

Remember going on a blind date to see Jailhouse Rock there. Blind date didn't work out.