BT Are Robbing So & So's

Hi SF,

I would advise anyone with BT to check their bills this month.

I have a 12 month contract but my line rental has just increased by £2.50 and my broadband has increased by £2.00 per month.

Also, they are now charging £5.00 per month for BT Sport which was also free as part of my contract last year. I dont have BT TV....i use to just use the BT sport app.

The free BT sport was the main reason why i signed up for the contract.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Has your contract come to a end? If so they can put you on what they like. May isp have introduction offers for 12-18 months

Has your contract come to a end? If so they can put you on what they like. May isp have introduction offers for 12-18 months

No. My contract is valid until November.

They have just decided to increase their prices in July.

Hi SF,

I would advise anyone with BT to check their bills this month.

I have a 12 month contract but my line rental has just increased by £2.50 and my broadband has increased by £2.00 per month.

Also, they are now charging £5.00 per month for BT Sport which was also free as part of my contract last year. I dont have BT TV....i use to just use the BT sport app.

The free BT sport was the main reason why i signed up for the contract.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I think BT Sport1 is still free and you can opt just for that channel.

No. My contract is valid until November.

They have just decided to increase their prices in July.

I'm not sure is the original contract still valid if they changed their prices?

You will have been notified and will have 30 days from that notification to cancel the contract.

I think its in the small print that they can increase their prices whenever they want. They wouldve done it to everyone.

Like i said, check your latest bill.

You can cancel but I think you are too late as you've waited for the bill instead of acting on the letter BT sent a few weeks ago.

Here's what Martin Lewis says

"Under regulator Ofcom's rules, those who've taken out a line rental, broadband or mobile contract from 23 January 2014 onwards can cancel their contract penalty-free if a provider ups its monthly prices mid-term and it didn't warn you about the rise when you bought the contract. And in fact, BT says it'll let you cancel penalty-free regardless of when you signed up.

To ensure you can leave penalty-free, you must let BT know you're leaving within 30 days of it giving you official notification of the price rises (which should arrive in the form of a letter). If you want to switch to another provider, you'll then have a 14-day notice period. If you just want to leave without switching to a new provider, your notice period will be 30 days."

Full article at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2016/04/bt-announces-steep-price-rises-for-home-phone-and-broadband--how-to-beat-the-hikes

You can cancel but I think you are too late as you've waited for the bill instead of acting on the letter BT sent a few weeks ago.

Here's what Martin Lewis says

"Under regulator Ofcom's rules, those who've taken out a line rental, broadband or mobile contract from 23 January 2014 onwards can cancel their contract penalty-free if a provider ups its monthly prices mid-term and it didn't warn you about the rise when you bought the contract. And in fact, BT says it'll let you cancel penalty-free regardless of when you signed up.

To ensure you can leave penalty-free, you must let BT know you're leaving within 30 days of it giving you official notification of the price rises (which should arrive in the form of a letter). If you want to switch to another provider, you'll then have a 14-day notice period. If you just want to leave without switching to a new provider, your notice period will be 30 days."

Full article at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2016/04/bt-announces-steep-price-rises-for-home-phone-and-broadband--how-to-beat-the-hikes

I opted for the paper free option and haven't recieved any letter from BT notifying me of any price changes to my account.

I call them tomorrow. Thanks for the the info.

I opted for the paper free option and haven't recieved any letter from BT notifying me of any price changes to my account.

I call them tomorrow. Thanks for the the info.

Check your emails.

They started charging for BT Sport ages ago, you were sent a bunch of e-mails about it.

All you had to do was login to the BT site and select the free option (BT Sport lite or something?)