Tinsley viaduct Northbound traffic chaos.

Not at 5:00pm tonight it wouldn't...

It always worries me on there, when you get towards either end, and if traffic above is quite busy...It makes the car bounce up and down and from side to side...

I always wonder what the hell I would do if it ever started to collapse for some reason, because you can't get off it, and you can't jump over the side...So you're stuck...

:hihi::hihi:

Hahaha...Probably...But it's all that wobbling. It's most disconcerting.

Yes I realise it's designed to 'move', otherwise it would definitely be 'unstable' and likely to collapse...But I still worry. I think I'm a born worrier.

You want to try walking it the first time I did at rush hour I was nearly sick! Most disconcerting.

So this lorry crash then has it hit the barrier on the viaduct? is that the cause of the jams they were on about on the radio this morning? Presumably it's not easy to repair that being it's about 100 feet up above nowhting but thin air...

You want to try walking it the first time I did at rush hour I was nearly sick! Most disconcerting.

So this lorry crash then has it hit the barrier on the viaduct? is that the cause of the jams they were on about on the radio this morning? Presumably it's not easy to repair that being it's about 100 feet up above nowhting but thin air...

No, the accident was only just at the entrance to the slip road onto the M1 junction (left hand side). As a result, they have coned off one of the lanes leading up to the traffic lights to the entrance to the slip road (down from 3 to 2)...and completely closed the dual lane on the M1 slip road (Northbound) and that's only one lane now. That's what's causing the problem.

Working inside it is also disconcerting.

There is one place inside nicknamed "The ballroom" as it is one partition that spans the lanes. It has submarine like compartments with entrance doors just like in submarines. Breathing apparatus and gas monitors are compulsory when working inside and its also very noisy.

There is one place inside nicknamed "The ballroom" as it is one partition that spans the lanes. It has submarine like compartments with entrance doors just like in submarines. Breathing apparatus and gas monitors are compulsory when working inside and its also very noisy.

Good grief, that sounds horrible. As if it's not bad enough working in a confined space, never mind all the other 'disconcerting' features...

No, the accident was only just at the entrance to the slip road onto the M1 junction (left hand side). As a result, they have coned off one of the lanes leading up to the traffic lights to the entrance to the slip road (down from 3 to 2)...and completely closed the dual lane on the M1 slip road (Northbound) and that's only one lane now. That's what's causing the problem.

Then it's even more daft then. Surely they could just shut it off one evening and fix it all in one go? It seems crazy that it's taken so long without fixing as you say. I can understand why it'd be confusing and congested on the roundabout now though.

---------- Post added 24-05-2016 at 10:53 ----------

I saw a documentary from back in the late 1990's when they were refurbing all the inside and scraping off the paint and re doing it all to make it good for another however many years. It was - interesting - people inside tubes that were flexing and squeezing as vehicles drove over the viaduct...