Primary school bullying need advice please

Hello,

I am seeking some serious advice in regards to bullying or more accurately a child that is being bullied. I am seeking advice as to what to do to the extent of taking said child out of the primary school whilst the school either ignore the situation or maybe report us for unauthorised absence because they cannot be bothered to look into the matter.

This all started with one child three years ago and has recently become five children all being particularly nasty and unfriendly to our child. Our child is registered disabled which significantly intensifies the situation somewhat. It is also difficult for this to be communicated about, this I know from personal experience having being bullied through school myself so I fully understand how difficult it is to talk about it.

I am seeking some legal advice on how best to approach the matter as quite frankly the head teacher is a wet lettuce. I don’t wish to take my child out of school however my child is coming home in tears with marks on legs and arms etc, being tripped over in the school yard, kicked and being snitched on for apparently swearing which doesn’t occur at home or anywhere else for that matter. It transpires that one of the dinner time staff is the parent of the main said bully which then leads to the school punishing our child.

There are two classes of the same year and these ‘bullies’ are all in the other class so this situation occurs at break times both inside the school and outside always when there is no-one else around or at least the people who need to be around are not.

I am aware of the complaints procedure of complaining to the head teacher, then to the school of governors which takes absolutely ages, then complaining to the LEA however this all takes time and in the meantime my child is still being bullied and quite frankly I’m at breaking point here so I would appreciate some SENSIBLE and helpful advice on how best to approach the situation and deal with it and whether or not we should seek legal advice at the stage. We are not well off so this constitutes a major financial issue however we have considered using one of those microphone button recorder things to record anything that happens and maybe use this against the school if required.

Any sensible advice is gratefully appreciated, sarcastic and unhelpful comments are not welcome

Thank you for your time

If it was was my child, and I did at one time have a problem with one of mine, I mentioned it a Parents Meeting and said it was getting in the way of his education and his exam results, he was moved to another classroom and got 9GCE passes and 2A level passes.

If the Head teacher won't act then I would keep the child off school, seek legal advice at the same time - I just wouldn't stand for this, get the support of members of your family,

GP, Councillor even MP - NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH BULLYING

I can't offer legal / advice but I hope you get some helpful posts Norseman.

What a dreadful situation for your child. (and in turn for you of course).

It must be incredibly frustrating if the head is a wet fish. That's modern day nonsense and red-tape type stuff for you, no one can make decisions these days in anything, I don't mean just schools or teaching, I mean anything! She probably can only do what the 'protocol' says, instead of action, so her hands are probably tied.

-

My gut instinct with what you wrote would be take my child out of that immediately, regardless of financial implications, but that's easy to type and say.

Good luck with this :|

---------- Post added 06-04-2016 at 22:28 ----------

I cross-posted with Cressida, and noticed this bold. Is this a possibility? (if the problem is financial Norse?)

If it was was my child, and I did at one time have a problem with one of mine, I mentioned it a Parents Meeting and said it was getting in the way of his education and his exam results, he was moved to another classroom and got 9GCE passes and 2A level passes.

If the Head teacher won't act then I would keep the child off school, seek legal advice at the same time - I just wouldn't stand for this, get the support of members of your family,

GP, Councillor even MP - NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE TO PUT UP WITH BULLYING

Edited by *_ash_*

Nasty situation norse, myself I'd go down the headteacher route and then go down it again. Your kid won't be helped by publicity so its down to you making the head understand they need to deal with this. Good luck mate.