Doncaster/Sheffield to Newquay Flights

If it is then great but don't expect to get fish and chips for a shilling :hihi:

You wouldn't get Fish, Chips and Peas for a tenner these days at Rick Stein's in Padstow.

Rick Steins has become the new Harry Ramsdens, no more than a franchise these days, they are all over the place, five of them in Cornwall to my knowledge. One due to open in Salcombe shortly.

Keep in mind though that Newquay Airport is the old RAF St Mawgan, around 10 miles from Newquay at St Columb so the taxi fare into Newquay and backhas to be factored in! Still a good price at £75 return and a 70 minute flight to boot.

I've been to many an airshow at RAF St Mawgan when I was younger.

I've been to many an airshow at RAF St Mawgan when I was younger.

I think they use to keep the AWAC Nimrods there. When I lived in Portreath near the old Nancecuke RAF base, they were a common site up and down the coast.

I think they use to keep the AWAC Nimrods there. When I lived in Portreath near the old Nancecuke RAF base, they were a common site up and down the coast.

I think that you are right, didn't St Mawgan have a really big runway?

I think that you are right, didn't St Mawgan have a really big runway?

During the 70's St Mawgan use to take the big Lockheed Hercules military transport planes so I imagine the runway was more than adequate in length. USAF planes use to visit frequently as there was a large contingent there during the 70's.

Oooh, I can feel an updated youth club trip coming on for all us older 'kids', names badges, some spending money, a picnic lunch and a paddle in the sea, then the amusements (save up your 2p's), fish n chips, back on the plane and sing all the way home.....you 'up' for it? Get your names on the sheet here:-

NAME: AGE: PICNIC PREFERENCE: Ham or Jam

WE travel by train to Sheffield from Newquay as we live in Cornwall and it costs £104 for one return....car is about £70 in fuel and expect jams. The plane from Newquay is the best bet.

Keep in mind though that Newquay Airport is the old RAF St Mawgan, around 10 miles from Newquay at St Columb so the taxi fare into Newquay and backhas to be factored in! Still a good price at £75 return and a 70 minute flight to boot.

Forget the taxi.Take the bus from the airport to Newquay resort.

Timetable available online

Edited by bazjea

Oooh, I can feel an updated youth club trip coming on for all us older 'kids', names badges, some spending money, a picnic lunch and a paddle in the sea, then the amusements (save up your 2p's), fish n chips, back on the plane and sing all the way home.....you 'up' for it? Get your names on the sheet here:-

NAME: AGE: PICNIC PREFERENCE: Ham or Jam

Count me in!, cant remember last time i was on a plane, sounds fun, BTW i got a shed load of 2ps plenty enough to share around,