Venue for wake in S8

Can anyone give me some advice on a good venue for a wake in or around in S8.

We tried for the New Inn on Hemsworth Road but they can't do the date we need as they are been taken over.

We've looked at the Golf Club at Norton but not sure what it's like.

Also looked at the Country Club at Norton but it doesn't have very good reviews.

Any help would be welcome.

Just want to do my mom proud who has passed away. So the food needs to be good.

The golf club is lovely and the food is fab. Sorry for your loss but I'm sure you would be happy there.

Does the funeral director have any ideas?

Does the funeral director have any ideas?

They suggested the New Inn on Hemsworth Road but they can't do it due to been taken over. Thought we'd try the crossed scythes on Derbyshire lane, not sure if anyone knows what it's like as I've never been in.

They suggested the New Inn on Hemsworth Road but they can't do it due to been taken over. Thought we'd try the crossed scythes on Derbyshire lane, not sure if anyone knows what it's like as I've never been in.

I wouldn't recommend it front rooms are nice but function room isn't and the food isn't good

I wouldn't recommend it front rooms are nice but function room isn't and the food isn't good

Thanks for that. It looks ok from the outside but you never can tell. We just want a nice clean place with good food. It's not that easy to find.

Thanks for that. It looks ok from the outside but you never can tell. We just want a nice clean place with good food. It's not that easy to find.

The sportsman is meant to do good food but I don't know if they have a function room

The Woodseats club on the Dale used to do wakes. Also the Transport Club at Meadowhead, not sure about the catering though.

Transport Club at Meadowhead

I'm sure someone from there used to be on the forum, but I don't remember the name.

Hi there...this is the Transport Club at Meadowhead. Please give us a call if you still need help, we are always willing to host wakes and celebration of life events. We can offer a range of catering options to suit any budget and we promise to offer whatever support is needed. Please feel free to call us on 0114 2373216 for a chat and we will do our best to help. Please note that there are no room hire charges for wakes at our club, the room is free on such occasions.

We used the Sportsman on Warminster Road for my son's Christening last year. The landlord was brilliant and couldn't do enough for us. The amount of food we got for the money was also very good. They don't have a function room but they will split you one side of the pub off. I'd definitely recommend them.