Boris Johnson and Brexit

One thing that surprises me about this is that if Boris wants to be PM, he won't want a high profile defeat on his CV. And it seems all the political pundits think this move is a calculated one rather than a choice of the heart. So he either genuinely thinks he can win it for the leave campaign, or he's decided to make publicity out of his decision not to support the PM, but won't be seen to campaign openly.

One thing that surprises me about this is that if Boris wants to be PM, he won't want a high profile defeat on his CV. And it seems all the political pundits think this move is a calculated one rather than a choice of the heart. So he either genuinely thinks he can win it for the leave campaign, or he's decided to make publicity out of his decision not to support the PM, but won't be seen to campaign openly.

He will be the best man to take us out of the EU when brexit wins, hopefully Cameron will stand down when he loses.

I can't see how sharing a platform with Farage and gorgeous George can possibly enhance his status as a serious politician.

My guess is that he will stay out of the limelight for the time being. If Brexit looks likely, expect him to wade in.

I can't see how sharing a platform with Farage and gorgeous George can possibly enhance his status as a serious politician.

My guess is that he will stay out of the limelight for the time being. If Brexit looks likely, expect him to wade in.

He maybe sharing an idea but he won't be sharing a stage with those two nutbags.

It reminds me of the Michael Portillo situation when he set up an headquarters for a leadership contest with a load of telephone lines during the 2001 election campaign while William Hague was the Tory leader . I hope we vote to leave the EU , but hope sneaky Boris doesn't replace Cameron as PM .