Old pub at bottom of Bradfield Road - Hillsborough.

Can anyone remember the pub that used to be at the bottom of Bradfield Road in Hillsborough? If I remember rightly it was called The Royal Hotel. It was demolished sometime in the late 80's I think but can't remember why. Can anyone remember?

Me and my brother used to play with the kids who lived there when we were in junior school and eventually drank in there in our late teens.

Don't know what made me think about it, just a random memory I guess!!!

Originally posted by FetishFairy

Can anyone remember the pub that used to be at the bottom of Bradfield Road in Hillsborough? If I remember rightly it was called The Royal Hotel. It was demolished sometime in the late 80's I think but can't remember why. Can anyone remember?

The re-alignment and conversion of Penistone Road into a dual carriageway. The Sportsmans Group also went.

I used to call inat The Royal and the Sportsman Group but the best pub was the Victoria Hotel with Ron and Beryl. All three pubs were knocked down for altering Penistone.

Could anyone tell what difference it has made knocking the Victoria Hotel down?

The piece of land it stood on is still vacant!

Originally posted by PopT

The best pub was the Victoria Hotel with Ron and Beryl.

Could anyone tell what difference it has made knocking the Victoria Hotel down?

The piece of land it stood on is still vacant!

After the compulsory purchase order was made, the plans for Penistone Road were changed. The Vic was mysteriously burnt down just before it officially closed.

The Victoria Hotel

Thanks DeeJ For the info on the Victoria. I wonder if the planners would still have allowed the pub to reopen if it hadn't burned down.

I very much doubt it but I guess we shall never know.

Does anyone remember the old piano player in The Royal, He must have been the worst in sheffield?

Archived