Rise in number of rats across our city

I've noticed in the past week a significant rise in the number of rats I've seen in various parts of our city.

Has anyone else, or have I just been 'lucky'?

There are loads of them , I travel around the city a lot as part of my job and see them all the time , especially in Broomhill , Crookesmoor and Upperthorpe . The Ponderosa at Upperthorpe , at the bottom adjacent the flats is particularly bad . The Council have put up large notices asking people not to feed the pigeons , and even though they have elaborated and explained the reasons i.e the pigeons are quite capable of looking after themselves , and the people feeding them are inadvertently feeding the rats , they carry on regardless . I have seen people with carrier bags full of bread etc . It has already been said , but while ever there's a food supply they will flourish .:mad:

Last Wednesday, around 10 pm when the city bound Yellow tram stopped at Nunnery there was a huge rat meandering down the platform under the shelter which stared straight at the vehicle before just carrying on strolling along looking like it didn't have a care in the world.

Last Wednesday, around 10 pm when the city bound Yellow tram stopped at Nunnery there was a huge rat meandering down the platform under the shelter which stared straight at the vehicle before just carrying on strolling along looking like it didn't have a care in the world.

That's another problem with rats , they seem to be accustomed to human behaviour and therefore are more blatant in their behaviour .

I've never seen a real live (or dead) rat in my whole life,

This afternoon, on my way home from work, I popped into Asda on Queens Road retail park for a newspaper and saw two rats running about the carpark. Maybe you just don't stop off enough to buy newspapers, HarmOKnee.