Pet hates .. but not hate pets ..

1. Christmas
  2. The full on Americanisation of Halloween
  3. The Americanisation of the English language
  4. The Americanisation of our highstreets
  5. 'The proof is in the pudding...' - no, it's not! The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
  6. Social media and, more than that, my own inability to stay away from it!
  7. The filming of live music on phones
  8. The stupid huge, fake eyebrow craze

Just a few to get me started...

1. Steve Wright and his deluded sense of his own importance - always reading out messages (probably invented) about how much people love his show.

Bleeuughhh.

2. When you go on a course where the provider is being paid silly amounts of money to run it, and they get in you groups with a felt pen and tell you to come up with all the ideas/solutions/information because they feel it's important that you 'have ownership' of the course.

Edited by aliceBB

1. Christmas
  2. The full on Americanisation of Halloween

Just a few to get me started...

What would be the Americanisation of Halloween? Is that the whole having to get off your armchair and shake your walking stick at those darn kids for walking on your lawn when your soaps are on?

What would be the Americanisation of Halloween? Is that the whole having to get off your armchair and shake your walking stick at those darn kids for walking on your lawn when your soaps are on?

Halloween night is paedophiles paradise.

I'm 33, perfectly mobile and don't have a lawn... so...

It's the fact that we didn't have 'Trick or Treat' until relatively recently. Before that it was mischief night. Children don't actually understand what the true meaning of it all is - much like what's happened with all of the other 'holidays'. All they know is that you dress up and knock on people's doors, which is exactly what you homed in on and proved my point.

I'm 33, perfectly mobile and don't have a lawn... so...

It's the fact that we didn't have 'Trick or Treat' until relatively recently. Before that it was mischief night. Children don't actually understand what the true meaning of it all is - much like what's happened with all of the other 'holidays'. All they know is that you dress up and knock on people's doors, which is exactly what you homed in on and proved my point.

Don't believe I mentioned anything to do with Trick or Treating or knocking on people's doors at all, you're the one who homed in on that.

What's wrong with it anyway? Things change and it's a fun way to get a community involved. I think if anything, it's become less of a thing now. I remember being a kid and getting a lot more whilst trick or treating than kids these days get. And yes, I trick or treated :o