Greatest Sheffied United manager?

Tipex

• 1 month later...
best manager = Nigel Spackman

That was Kendall's side that he inherited. Just as Fracis inherited the Atkinson pork.

In the (nearly 32) years I've been on the planet it's between 3 .......

1, Porterfield, for taking a set of journeymen to the 2nd Division from the 4th despite the fact that he didn't have the most talented squad ever ......

2, Bassett, for realising the dream that few of us thought would happen, getting to the top flight again, with absolutely no funds at his disposal (he put up the money for several downpayments on transfers himself, lest it be forgotten).

3, Warnock, for keeping faith in the youth team, and the board (unlike the thousands of us who never would, and let's be fair, no football fan is *entirely* happy with the board), and getting us up again *, and might I say, from the same position as Bassett did, but in a much different world, which is a lot harder.

In 3rd place, the forgotten man, Porterfield. But never forget he took a dreadful rag tag and bob tail side up 2 divisions.

Taking the silver gong is Our Beloved Neil. Just because it took so long for him to do what the mega gong winner did .......

But the Blade D'Or is Bassett. Even though there's barely a fag paper between him and Warnock, the manner in which he did it still stands out. And if the board hadn't sold Deano from underneath him .....

EDIT: *forgot a bit. This time round it has been 12 years we had to wait to return to the top flight. Our las wait was 15 years. Just this time, we had no ups or downs ......

o poor wednesday fans it makes me laugh how things have changed, how it used to be "were the premiership club the big club" now a small not evan average second tier team, "our grounds bigger and better than yours ever will be" now a tin pot with seats in with decaying wood and rusty looking metal, where on the other we may not be a massive club but where surely premiership and our ground may not be massive but is 21 century and were expanding. enjoy ur trips to southend and barnsley next season.

anyways back on to topic i beleive Neil Warnock followed closely by Basset i think some of the best times have come under warnock yes he has had is daft decisions leaving windass n mcall out in play off final but look were hes brought us we were bottom 18 in second tier.

adrian heath is my all time worst manager id rahter seen my nan in charge

o poor wednesday fans it makes me laugh how things have changed, how it used to be "were the premiership club the big club" now a small not evan average second tier team, "our grounds bigger and better than yours ever will be" now a tin pot with seats in with decaying wood and rusty looking metal, where on the other we may not be a massive club but where surely premiership and our ground may not be massive but is 21 century and were expanding. enjoy ur trips to southend and barnsley next season.

anyways back on to topic i beleive Neil Warnock followed closely by Basset i think some of the best times have come under warnock yes he has had is daft decisions leaving windass n mcall out in play off final but look were hes brought us we were bottom 18 in second tier.

adrian heath is my all time worst manager id rahter seen my nan in charge

That doesn't matter though spadge because Red and White makes pink and they have bigger crowds...Let them clutch at those two straws cos they will have to for a good few years ;)

• 2 weeks later...