Band Wanted Next Friday.

Steptoad

Any bands willing to play a festival in Grindleford next Friday for a beer rider?

They're looking for one band, to entertain the festival goers, preferably something up tempo and dance able to. So maybe rockabilly, country, rock, accoustic, but anything considered.

Bose system provided.

Drop me a pm, with details and links to your tunes. Thanks.

Edited by Steptoad
Added details

is all the gear provided? otherwise, there's not much point in offering a beer rider when most bands have to drive to lug their gear to and from the venue. as an old bandmate used to say... "i can't put beer in my petrol tank"

What's your band called? Can you link me to some of your music?

no sorry - i'm not wanting to play, i was just making the point

That's what I thought.

It's up to the bands themselves whether they agree to do a gig for beer or not. I'd love to do this gig, not least because it's been too long since I stood at the mic and warbled.

That's what I thought.

It's up to the bands themselves whether they agree to do a gig for beer or not. I'd love to do this gig, not least because it's been too long since I stood at the mic and warbled.

You haven't answered the question though. The point paranoid was making is that it makes a difference if the gear is provided as to whether a band would agree to playing for beer.

I've played for beer (and cake!) in the past, but other band members aren't so keen, and I wouldn't do it now if it meant transporting the whole PA, setting up and taking down...

if a band is driving they can't even have a beer! and like i said before, you can't put beer in your petrol tank

unfortunately, it's kinda like most things in life, you get what you pay for. i'm sure this will be fine for some people. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

You'll get what you pay for (or not in this case), as others have said.

I don't know how local bands make any kind of living these days, there are so many promoters/venue owners who seem only willing to offer 'exposure' or beer for musicians' time. It's insulting for those who actually take the time to practice and hone their craft (and lug their equipment around), to think that their efforts are only worth beer or 'exposure' whilst organisers take all the money the acts help to generate.

It's greed, pure and simple.