Photographer Needed!

Hello, I am looking for a skilled and talented photography student who is looking for work to fill their portfolio. I have various projects coming up including opening events and property photography also.

Please get in touch ASAP if you're keen.

Is there a rate of pay?

The first project is an event opening for which we have little budget. What rate do you charge?

I was asking before i pass this on to my daughter as she is the photographer not myself and wanted a price to tell her.

I don't really have a rate in mind... If you're daughter is keen, please ask her to get in touch. Thanks.

Do some homework TJ13, many photographers think they have a license to print money so its easy to end up paying through the nose, try nipping over and joining Sheffield Photo Club and ask on there, maybe someone can help you.

Do some homework TJ13, many photographers think they have a license to print money so its easy to end up paying through the nose, try nipping over and joining Sheffield Photo Club and ask on there, maybe someone can help you.

Unfortunately that is true in some cases, but as with anything being done for a living there has to be a profit margin, depending on the type it can be done cheap or expensive.

Property work is just like car work, i class it as bread and butter work, I'd expect to be paid around £85+ For a half or day rate depending on the commuting.

I'm fortunate that I have low out goings, which means other than equipment and the usual bills, I normally can match or better what the high street store such as max spielmann charge on portraits and products and offer a more than reasonable rate.

But on the flip side there is a flood of people wanting to boost someones portfolio for free, which is as bad as the hyped prices some photographers charge.

Edited by steve68

Unfortunately that is true in some cases, but as with anything being done for a living there has to be a profit margin, depending on they type it can be done cheap or expensive.

Property work is just like car work, i class it as bread and butter work, I'd expect to be paid around £85+ For a half or day rate depending on the commuting.

I'm fortunate that I have low out goings, which means other than equipment and the usual bills, I normally can match or better what the high street store such as max spielmann charge on portraits and products and offer a more than reasonable rate.

But on the flip side there is a flood of people wanting to boost someones portfolio for free, which is as bad as the hyped prices some photographers charge.

Good points Steve, also there are some terrible photographers around so you have to get a good one and mostly that skill and experience comes at a price.

I know lots people do like to pitch the idea of you do get what you pay for, but in reality just like with any other services/trades there are Cowboys out there that do not have a conscious wether they rip people off, it means nothing to them, and it can often cost more putting things right.

I'd say to the o/p If they can budget £80 for the work,that would be a fair price for a youngster starting out with a small degree of experience and talent.

Edited by steve68

Unfortunately that is true in some cases, but as with anything being done for a living there has to be a profit margin, depending on the type it can be done cheap or expensive.

well said.

If you find out the going rate then say what you will pay this might make it easier.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 14:51 ----------

I know lots people do like to pitch the idea of you do get what you pay for, but in reality just like with any other services/trades there are Cowboys out there that do not have a conscious wether they rip people off, it means nothing to them, and it can often cost more putting things right.

I'd say to the o/p If they can budget £80 for the work,that would be a fair price for a youngster starting out with a small degree of experience and talent.

But it would still have to state £80, and what for, All the work, this one job,an hour, a day,a week.

Edited by Guest
added

well said.

If you find out the going rate then say what you will pay this might make it easier.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 14:51 ----------

But it would still have to state £80, and what for, All the work, this one job,an hour, a day,a week.

I've done property and parties I've never spent more than 1hr in a property, parties are more involved that would be more costly due to the Moaning Minnies that tend to get wasted at the opening of a crisp packet always wanting to try your very expensive bit of kit out, so you have to factor in the hassle, even if there are 99 well behaved attendee you can almost guarantee 1 or 2 that will be difficult.

Half day would be 4 hours upto four locations, parties usually 3hr+ depending on where it is, I've done a few boat parties, therefore no opportunity to escape even if you've shot everything you need.

I'm sure the

o/p will get someone for whatever budget they have.

Hi there,

We would be really interested in taking photos for you. Could you send us some more details please, ie Photography subject, event details, rate of pay etc.

If you wish, you can take a look at our website http://www.macworthphotography.com or our facebook http://www.facebook.com/macworthphotography