Missing people news

Is it just me or are we having a spate of people just going missing. Lots of people worried about them and the police getting involved.

Yet then appear safe and sound. Take this Rotherham woman for example

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/missing-rotherham-woman-found-1-7426799

Maybe we should start to fine them for wasting police time. We are already short on resources dealing with burglaries and scumbags causing trouble rather than to spend time looking for people who just disappear for a bit.

Maybe we should start to fine them for wasting police time. We are already short on resources dealing with burglaries and scumbags causing trouble rather than to spend time looking for people who just disappear for a bit.

Fine who? The missing woman or those who report them missing?

Fine who? The missing woman or those who report them missing?

Well probably those that report her missing. Because surely you dont report someone whose an adult missing straight away. You'd exaust all other options first before phoning the police.

If its a kid that decides to go wandering then we have no choice but to involve the police and hope that the parents give them a slap for going missing on their return.

Well probably those that report her missing. Because surely you dont report someone whose an adult missing straight away. You'd exaust all other options first before phoning the police.

If its a kid that decides to go wandering then we have no choice but to involve the police and hope that the parents give them a slap for going missing on their return.

What if the missing person has mental health problems and is vulnerable? Should they not phone?

What if going awol is out of character for that person? Again, should they not phone?

I take your point, but too many grey areas would make it difficult to implement.

I'm also summizing (but happy to be corrected, as I don't know) that the cops aren't pulling out all the stops and using up resources to search for missing adults. Its more a case of making the force aware.

What if the missing person has mental health problems and is vulnerable? Should they not phone?

What if going awol is out of character for that person? Again, should they not phone?

I take your point, but too many grey areas would make it difficult to implement.

I'm also summizing (but happy to be corrected, as I don't know) that the cops aren't pulling out all the stops and using up resources to search for missing adults. Its more a case of making the force aware.

Well thats the thing. If the person was vunerable then they normally mention it. In fact they always do and thats fine. It just seems more and more we have people going missing who dont have problems.

To top it all we had a couple of teenage girls mentioned on the forum going missing and one forum member had to ask "gone missing again!" and yes she had gone missing twice. In that instance the girl needs a good talking too or a good hiding which is what I would have got if I'd have done that trick.

To top it all we had a couple of teenage girls mentioned on the forum going missing and one forum member had to ask "gone missing again!" and yes she had gone missing twice. In that instance the girl needs a good talking too or a good hiding which is what I would have got if I'd have done that trick.

Do you like the idea of beating teenage girls?

Not really and it wouldnt be me doing it. It would be their parent invoking a bit of discipline for wandering off and not telling anyone.

'Invoking a bit of discipline'? Sounds more like child abuse to me. They would have every right to go wandering off if this took place.

'Invoking a bit of discipline'? Sounds more like child abuse to me. They would have every right to go wandering off if this took place.

And it's that namby-pampy attitude as to why we have such issues with "Yoofs" in this day and age.

If I stepped out of line as a kid I got a clip around the ear-hole. If I was way out of line then a good hiding was mine.

And it's that namby-pampy attitude as to why we have such issues with "Yoofs" in this day and age.

If I stepped out of line as a kid I got a clip around the ear-hole. If I was way out of line then a good hiding was mine.

Completely agree with you. And its not just an age thing as I'm in my mid 20's