Van break in Leppings Lane

A friend of mine had his van broken into last night. This happened on Leppings Lane near the bus stop (closest to the Wednesday ground).

If anyone heard anything or saw anything any help would be much appreciated. If anyone knows of any CCTV around the area that would be much appreciated also.

Luckily the van was empty of all the big tools but they have stolen some small hand tools but the most obvious thing they have taken is a big black and red Hilti bag which is coded (and thankfully empty) I know it's a long shot but if anyone comes across someone trying to sell this particular type of bag please PM me.

Thanks

So those signs that say "NO TOOLS LEFT IN THIS VAN OVERNIGHT" aren't always entirely accurate, who wouldna thunk it? :)

It's a bit like 'beware of the dog' :) doesn't actually deter the scumbags does it!

Well thankfully he emptied the van of all the power tools!

Its more to do with the fact they've made a mess of the van! unnecessary destruction of the cab.

It's happening loads around there. Police won't help :(

Yeah I know!

Did you ever get your cars back?

Well they were found written off and we lost a fortune on the payout and our insurance has skyrocketed since.

The police have blamed one guy...(who managed to rob a house, loads of eletricals AND two cars in an hour and drive one to Worksop and one near Barnsley) ... but he's already in prison now for burglary so charging him with that 'won't make any difference'

Not that I'm bitter. Or fuming that they just don't care.

So angry.

If he'd killed himself when joyriding they'd put some effort in.

Well they were found written off and we lost a fortune on the payout and our insurance has skyrocketed since.

The police have blamed one guy...(who managed to rob a house, loads of eletricals AND two cars in an hour and drive one to Worksop and one near Barnsley) ... but he's already in prison now for burglary so charging him with that 'won't make any difference'

Not that I'm bitter. Or fuming that they just don't care.

So angry.

If he'd killed himself when joyriding they'd put some effort in.

Ohh nightmare! Sorry to hear that.. :(

And yeah my own home has been burgled in the past (different location) and the police just said it was an opportunist and probably would never catch them.

They weren't being funny with me though and I don't think that they weren't interested, they seemed genuinely sorry! Suppose they are realists and know this happens all the time! probably didn't want to get my hopes up..

As for my friends Van - he's not a happy chappy!! He was very fortunate he emptied it that afternoon!

Which van is it? The big white one?

No not that one.

It's the one that's always parked on Leppings lane. Small white VW transporter.

So those signs that say "NO TOOLS LEFT IN THIS VAN OVERNIGHT" aren't always entirely accurate, who wouldna thunk it? :)

No fuel left in this van overnight! Only power tools and jewellery!

Pity there wasn't a 'net twitcher' in the neighbourhood.

Pity there wasn't a 'net twitcher' in the neighbourhood.

They do come in handy don't they!