Anyone know what this is?

http://postimg.org/image/iply5rzzv/

The picture is taken showing the stereo removed and a strange cable thing.

Its not connected to anything anymore and it looks like its been added after the wiring loom so may be after market?

The car its in has a turbo with a gauge in the dash, could this be an after market turbo boost gauge? Its been stumping me all day well most of it and i cant see anything obvious online. Any ideas?

Looks like a hydraulic connection so i would guess at an oil pressure guage.

My old vw had something similar which fitted onto a rubber grommet on the back of the factory fit radio to stop it wobbling in the mountings.

If it's definitely wiring, my guess, and it's a pure guess, is perhaps a taxi meter connection.

Or maybe air conditioning.

That looks like a boost gauge connection to me. Do you get air coming out of it when the engines running is the first check to make....

That looks like a boost gauge connection to me. Do you get air coming out of it when the engines running is the first check to make....

Thanks. Ill give it a try

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 12:20 ----------

My old vw had something similar which fitted onto a rubber grommet on the back of the factory fit radio to stop it wobbling in the mountings.

If it's definitely wiring, my guess, and it's a pure guess, is perhaps a taxi meter connection.

Im certain its not for a taxi or the like. Ive dug up some history on the car and apparently it was once owned or looked after by someone called Abbot Racing.

Once ive tried Obelix's suggestion ill be getting online and seeing if i can find anything more out.

:)

I've got one in my car, 2003 Nissan Primera, it's in the centre console next to the handbrake lever.

It's under a plastic cup holder moulding, I know some models have a phone cradle here so maybe something to do with that.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 20:52 ----------

After a bit of Googling I've found out it is the antenna connection for a mobile phone kit.

I've got one in my car, 2003 Nissan Primera, it's in the centre console next to the handbrake lever.

It's under a plastic cup holder moulding, I know some models have a phone cradle here so maybe something to do with that.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 20:52 ----------

After a bit of Googling I've found out it is the antenna connection for a mobile phone kit.

Thank you. It was driving me potty not knowing. :hihi: