Lost ring 23rd April 2015 - 120 First bus

Hello, :help:

I am appealling for my elderly mothers lost wedding ring that she lost following a fall on the 120 First bus close to the Hallamshire hopsital on Thursday 23rd April 2015. The time was between after 11am.

For anyone on that bus at the time my mother fell and fractured her hip and broke her wrist and in doing so her wedding ring became separated from her finger and was lost at some point on the bus.

It is a thin band of yellow gold and she has worn it for 58 years and offers more sentimental value for her than the actual value.

This has only just come to light as my mother was in hospital for approximately two weeks following the incident and has only just returned home without the said ring.

We have contacted First buses however they have informed us that nothing was handed into them. Gold is fetching good prices at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me that some undesirable has cashed this in for a shot of whatever they like to take these days however I am appealling to anyone who may have some information on the whereabouts to either contact me on the forum or the Police if it has been found.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time in reading this

I was very sorry to read of your loss which must be causing you great personal distress. However, not everybody is a thieving scumbag and there are still good people around these days. I have met some of them. I just hope that you will come across one of these and wish you a good outcome with this, slim though it might seem after this time.

A bit of a long shot Norseman, but could it have been removed by staff at the hospital.

If maybe she had an Xray, or operation and your mum was in a lot of pain she may not remember or not noticed it missing at the time. Try the hospital to see if it might have been removed.

Hope she makes a quick recovery and finds her ring.

Edited by trackrunner

Hi, when I broke my wrist the ambulance man took my engagement ring off whilst it would come off but my wedding ring wouldn't move and they said hospital might have to cut it off. I would definitely check with the hospital if this is the case with you mum.

I also think it was most likely cut off at the hospital. When I broke my wrist my fingers swelled up in no time and I had to have both of my rings cut off .

I have found a thin yellow ring on West Street, today May 16th.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Kind regards.

Hello again,

An update: The ring has been found!

Apparently the hospital staff found it and put the ring in her purse and didn't inform her. She came across it today

Thank you all for your help :)