Why is there so much animosity towards cyclists in Sheffield?

Leap. You are funny.

You realise you can cycle at walking speed right?

Don't be silly Cyclone, it's impossible for cyclists to cycle at any speed other than too fast. Except of course when they are in front of a car then the only speed they can go is too slow.

:hihi:

Don't be silly Cyclone, it's impossible for cyclists to cycle at any speed other than too fast. Except of course when they are in front of a car then the only speed they can go is too slow.

:hihi:

It's a tricky dilemma to be sure.

Can't we all just get along ?

Sure.

I promise to stop at red lights and not ride on pavements, and all I want in return is for drivers to overtake me safely and not put my life in danger.

Sure.

I promise to stop at red lights and not ride on pavements, and all I want in return is for drivers to overtake me safely and not put my life in danger.

I'll sign up for that!

I'm on your side , never happier than when I'm on my bike :-)

Sure.

Except you can cycle perfectly legally and even then impatient and violent people will try and take you out. :(

Besides you've already said you do not do those things.

I'm also not sure why some drivers think it then entitles them to put your life at risk as punishment should you do something they disapprove of. Regardless of legality.

Except you can cycle perfectly legally and even then impatient and violent people will try and take you out. :(

Besides you've already said you do not do those things.

I'm also not sure why some drivers think it then entitles them to put your life at risk as punishment should you do something they disapprove of. Regardless of legality.

Easy deal for me to make.

I could record someone tomorrow overtaking too close though, just like I did this morning.

I recorded several idiot pedestrians on the way home in the cycle lane... No a shared area, there is a separate pavement 2 or 3 feet away.

I recorded several idiot pedestrians on the way home in the cycle lane... No a shared area, there is a separate pavement 2 or 3 feet away.
Given the choice of footpath or cycle path, pedestrians will tend to use the cycle path, which makes a mockery of all the holier than thou nonsense about bikes on pavements, shared or otherwise.

Having said that, many cycle and foot paths close to each other are designed with zero thought about how they will be used and are thus laid out in a way to maximise conflict. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but that's because the impatient and violent person has seen someone who just happens to use the same vehicle as you sometimes do, cycling illegally. And in those circumstances it's completely fine for them to take you out, surely?

Yeah, but that's because the impatient and violent person has seen someone who just happens to use the same vehicle as you sometimes do, cycling illegally. And in those circumstances it's completely fine for them to take you out, surely?
Well haters gonna hate.

As I've said before, there is zero difference between the anti-cycling mob's language and behaviour from that of the racists or similar who are rightly banned from posting their hate filled nonsense on SF.

If you were to replace the word cyclist with *****, muslim or jew there would be quite a few people visiting court I reckon from some things I've seen posted on SF.

Edit - What the..?? Why is one of my words obscured? It's the perfectly legitimate and non-offensive way of described the race of a black person, just like caucasian is used for white folk and it gets censored. That is absurd. It's not like I used the altered variation often used as a term of abuse.

Edited by jezzyjj

Well haters gonna hate.

As I've said before, there is zero difference between the anti-cycling mob's language and behaviour from that of the racists or similar who are rightly banned from posting their hate filled nonsense on SF.

If you were to replace the word cyclist with *****, muslim or jew there would be quite a few people visiting court I reckon from some things I've seen posted on SF.

Edit - What the..?? Why is one of my words obscured? It's the perfectly legitimate and non-offensive way of described the race of a black person, just like caucasian is used for white folk and it gets censored. That is absurd. It's not like I used the altered variation often used as a term of abuse.

Well said. Shame on you Sheffield. There is a disproportionate of motorists in this town whom should immediately have their driving license revoked.