What to do with a campervan MOT fail- help please!

ubergamer >>> I will pickup the expense of sending a pickup truck to remove your scrap. You have no MOT, So it is scrap. I will not charge you to remove it for you. After I remove it I will have a MOT that very same day on it. Be smart and think about it!!

But I just said I have an offer on the van? Also you get paid for scrap metal.

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 23:21 ----------

Ah I get what you mean. It's a long thread, but basically, as I have to pay for the welding, and don't have time to mess about, I'm not going to get a great deal of money back if I can sell her for £1k or 1500 without the work. I've already paid for work this week. I'm not going to get my money back really by doing the work, even if I had time to do it. I'd love to keep her if I could- I already have festival camper tickets booked. But it's just not worth it to me.

But I just said I have an offer on the van? Also you get paid for scrap metal.

Sorry I am thinking with a Scottish head. In Scotland you have to pay them to remove.

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 23:27 ----------

Years ago you would get paid for a car. NOW you have to pay to get it taken away. You have to pay the scrap yard to take your car.

Can I have a look at the van, I would be interested in purchasing it...PM you address not bothered about what is wrong with it I can weld it up and do the work on it no problem...

Indeed you can. She is still at the garage at the moment, purely because I'm not very well and don't feel up to walking to get her. I will PM you the address once she's back- this may be early next week depending on the state of my health!

I wish I could weld. I keep saying when I grow up I'm going to train as a mechanic.

Indeed you can. She is still at the garage at the moment, purely because I'm not very well and don't feel up to walking to get her. I will PM you the address once she's back- this may be early next week depending on the state of my health!

I wish I could weld. I keep saying when I grow up I'm going to train as a mechanic.

Yes thank you I will come and have a look, send me your address when you are ready...the thing about taking anything into a garage to do welding work is it takes a lot of hours to do and most garages are to busy,if its floor and panels that need welding it all needs cutting out fabricating and welding taking time up in the garage I've spent weeks welding stuff up before, MOT standards for welding are very strict now as well.

It's got to be worth sorting out the welding and then getting a decent price for it - now is the time people are looking to buy campers too. Try the guys down this alley in Malin bridge; I had a lot of welding done on my old camper here. Decent work at a very reasonable price.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.400331,-1.511667,3a,30y,78.74h,74.08t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMWfIMsbG0aODP_BpEIjFuw!2e0

I used to get my Cabstar welded there by a good old guy named Ken. Cheap as chips and very good work. I think he moved on to a new workshop about four years ago though. Still, sounds like the same good deal offered now :thumbsup: