Sheffield Ghost Stories & Sightings

Kevin I honestly dare not watch it is it the monk ? If I watched it would keep me awake at night why hasn’t this been on the news ?

It's not that scary. Just very weird.

Definitely the running figure of a person away in the woods behind the guy making the video.

Hah! I am in Australia so I have no credentials or knowledge of this except what I have been reading and a couple of youtube clips on the Stocksbridge ghost.

I found you guys when I was reading up on one of our own haunted roads here in Sydney.

Cheers Kevin I will visit the area in the summer in daylight certainly very popular on you tube etc and was in the sheffield star 2 months ago so it says online

Cheers Kevin I will visit the area in the summer in daylight certainly very popular on you tube etc and was in the sheffield star 2 months ago so it says online

I have family in the UK. Lowestoft, Suffolk.

One day I'd like to pay Stocksbridge a visit.

Looks like beautiful countryside around there.

Cheers

Kev.

Kevin I have just watched the full video is it the ghost saying the strange voice sounds on his recording light thing he is holding in his hand ?

Kevin I have just watched the full video is it the ghost saying the strange voice sounds on his recording light thing he is holding in his hand ?

Hi Holiday,

Yes, I think that's what we are hearing.

It looks like he is using a mobile phone (iPhone)? running some ghost hunting app?

I've no clue what that other box in his other hand is all about.

The part where he sees the 'man' really is freaky. No way this guy & his girlfriend are acting.

The guy filming kept his cool when that happened eh ?

Kept right on filming !

I'd have freaked and probably dropped my camera and ran.

Cheers

Kev.:)

Edited by KevinHodges

Yes very interesting I hope other people watch the video would love to hear their views on it

Yes very interesting I hope other people watch the video would love to hear their views on it

I'd like other users opinions too.

A few ghostly looking figures definitely walk/run behind the guy.

Someone should setup some motion activated cameras up there and run them for a month or so and see what they capture.

I love all the uses of "definitely" in this, as if it's beyond doubt that there are ghosts in the video!

All the video shows is some crackpot/conman standing in the dark! There's absolutely nothing in that video whatsoever, and I've just watched it through about three times.

Feel free to post some screenshots of these supposed 'ghosts'!

Guest makapaka

To be fair when I watched it again something does walk by in the background - but creepy like.

I’ve showed the video to three friends so far they all said the voice is made up and not spoken by the ghost

I’ve showed the video to three friends so far they all said the voice is made up and not spoken by the ghost

I'd be amazed if they said anything different! Seriously- who falls for this stuff?!

I am sceptical about stuff like this but I have had strange things happen when travelling on Stocksbridge Bypass. I have been in different cars, at different times of the day, on different parts of the road, and on more than one occasion heard a noise that sounds like a kind of laugh!! Eeek! It creeped me out I can tell you! The first time I put it down to the car or the road surface but I'm not so sure now...