Voice Recording Software

Guitargirl

Hi

I am going to be doing some work from home and I need to be able to record a letter, email to a friend who will then type it up. Is there any such software that will do this? Once the recording has been emailed, I wont need to keep this so it will only be one recording at a time (if that makes sense).

I am in the process of buying a laptop so would like to get this software at the same time.

Thank you

GG

There's plenty of actual dictation software out there such as BigHand, but it depends more on the software the other person needs.

You could record with the built in sound recorder or something free like Audacity. It's how the other person plays it and types it that matters. If it's not loads of long letters as would be done in an office just get Audacity or something free.

If the other person will need to pause, rewind, use a foot pedal etc you may need to look at proper dictation software.

Are you a doctor by any chance?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Why does it have to be a recording? Why not just type it up and attach it to the email yourself?

When using audio, the file sizes could be quite big. Andaybe not send via email as a result...

And if they do, they may take a while (depending on your connection)

Soundcloud has a recording option and you won't have to download anything or mess around with options or stuff.

Failing that there is bound to be an app that does it

“I hate a good many things, but I suffer them all the same.”

Stannis Baratheon