Plug nightclub 48 too old ?

Hiya looking at the plug club in Sheffield online I'm kinda fancying going as I'm into house and club music... but just wondering as I've not been to any clubs in the UK for about 15 years. What's age range of the customers. .. and what's the dress code ... I love live dj sets... ..

if you go normal days its all students listening to pop music.

Have a look at their websites when they have special nights for House etc

Dress codes pretty much anything

It can be quite rough in plug at times. It has 3 rooms - House, Dubstep and Pop

We went a few months ago (41 & 48yr old)

We purely went as the daughter's were there.

BIG MISTAKE Dont get me wrong its proberbly a really nice venue but i'd say the average age was about 18 but looked 14 and they dont have Bouncers or Security Guards more like Babysitters

Glad we only went for an hour to rescue the daughter's as they were found sat on the sofa's texting bored stupid

That's only our opinion

It can be quite rough in plug at times. It has 3 rooms - House, Dubstep and Pop

Have you ever actually been to Plug? I have never known anyone refer to Plug as rough, because that's just ridiculous. The majority of the nights they have on are full of students and are in no way 'rough'.

As for the 3 rooms of House, dubstep and pop... thats not correct either... the music policies and rooms change dependant on which night you attend.

From your post I can only assume you attened once and whitnessed a small arguement and have based all yiur opinions on that.

If anyone is planning to visit Plug id highly recommend it, its one of the best run venues in Sheffield and probably has the best sound/light by far... no to mention the range of events they put on, there's a fair chance if you take the time to look at the event listings you'd find something that interests you.

Guest sibon

I last went about 5 years ago.

I haven't been since because I have no desire to be burnt to death.

The Leadmill is much nicer.

Thanks mr plug :-)

I assume that comment was aimed at me?

Unfortunately your incorrect, I have no connection with Plug. I am however young enough to have visited recently and was even intelligent enough to think it a good idea to. Heck their listings for an event i was interested in.

This forum would have much higher participation if it wernt for comments like yours. Why be so narrow minded as to think any positive comment about somewhere could only come from an employee? If I now go and make a positive comment about a pub or resturant would you just assume I also work there?

I'm 52 went to see Sasha few years back and loved it, saw streets here loved it. Pick your night. Great lights and sound

I can't really echo the sentiment on here.

My experiences are that nobody cares what you are dressed as or what you are drinking which is refreshing compared to some of the other places which attract all the sunbed queens and posturing blokes in ill fitting T-Shirts. I have also seen people well into their 50's and 60's out dancing on a Friday at Propaganda, which is Indie/Rock but had Northern Soul/Ska on in the smaller room.

Anywhere you go that is open until 4am will be majority full of students apart from Maggie Mays. You will be one of the oldest people in there, as you would most places. But that doesn't bother anyone else, from what I have seen.

I also think the bouncers are excellent. Very strange comments on here, I can only assume people have turned up to a specific event and it REALLY hasn't been their genre as Spanked, Jump Around, Props etc are all quite varied in demographic.

Planet Zogg has been running for many years at Plug (we were there at .Zero its predessor) and have just celebarted our 14th Birthday - we've always had very mixed crowd with plenty of 30 and 40 somethings aswell as few 50 and 60 somethings along with the younger Zoggers.

As as has already been said - some nights will have an older crowd than others - just check the nights facebook group and check out the pix to get an idea

I'm suprised at some of the comments on here as Plug is one of the most un-rough city centre clubs i've ever come across with great security & staff.

I can't really echo the sentiment on here.

My experiences are that nobody cares what you are dressed as or what you are drinking which is refreshing compared to some of the other places which attract all the sunbed queens and posturing blokes in ill fitting T-Shirts. I have also seen people well into their 50's and 60's out dancing on a Friday at Propaganda, which is Indie/Rock but had Northern Soul/Ska on in the smaller room.

Anywhere you go that is open until 4am will be majority full of students apart from Maggie Mays. You will be one of the oldest people in there, as you would most places. But that doesn't bother anyone else, from what I have seen.

I also think the bouncers are excellent. Very strange comments on here, I can only assume people have turned up to a specific event and it REALLY hasn't been their genre as Spanked, Jump Around, Props etc are all quite varied in demographic.

Glad I'm not the only person who sees the venue like this, I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to claim you obviously work for Plug though..