Ebola - God cured me!

My belief is based upon the understanding that the bible is an historical account. But you will immediately dismiss that as man-made stories and therefore not factually accurate.

And we come to the impasse which has happened countless times throughout this thread further highlighting the pointlessness.

Giving people the tools to heal others...be it intelligence, medicines or even something as simple as compassion.

OK,what about those that die in pain before their natural lifespan? no compassion there,a bit picky these gods,like the followers are.

OK,what about those that die in pain before their natural lifespan? no compassion there,a bit picky these gods,like the followers are.

Have you tried researching for answers before asking these questions in a childish attempt to catch me out?

This question has been asked countless times throughout this thread and only goes to prove my point that there is no genuine interest in the theistic viewpoint, but rather the opportunity to belittle and humiliate.

Try asking the same question on a forum dedicated to this if you have a genuine interest.

There's no point in asking me personally as I don't feel the need to defend to those that have no genuine interest.

---------- Post added 03-01-2016 at 22:19 ----------

No. It shows that you'd believe something because you want to believe it rather than it be true.

In summary :

I believe in a God and you don't. :roll: The reasons are irrelevant because each side maintains their position.

What would it take for you to change your position?

The same as you....any concrete proof that denies the existence of God.

I mean let's face it...if the most intelligent minds (Scientists, Apologists, Scholars, Professors etc) haven't managed it then I don't think it's going to be achieved on Sheffield Forum.

People have faith...get over it

The same as you....any concrete proof that denies the existence of God.

I mean let's face it...if the most intelligent minds (Scientists, Apologists, Scholars, Professors etc) haven't managed it then I don't think it's going to be achieved on Sheffield Forum.

People have faith...get over it

Actually I'm the opposite. I'd change my position based on evidence that shows the existence of a god or gods.

How would you go about proving non existence of anything?

Actually I'm the opposite. I'd change my position based on evidence that shows the existence of a god or gods.

How would you go about proving non existence of anything?

You can't, hence the term 'faith'.

But that will be dismissed as blind faith by some.

Again, coming to the conclusion that this and any thread based upon God is redundant.

So being unable to prove a negative takes faith?

Faith in what?

Your starting out with the preposition that God doesn't exist. Therefore, you have no desire to prove and expect the answers to come to you.

Theists acknowledge that they don't know all the answers which takes faith.

Long and short of it is that people aren't prepared to accept that they don't know how everything in this world works and don't have all the answers.

Your starting out with the preposition that God doesn't exist. Therefore, you have no desire to prove and expect the answers to come to you.

Theists acknowledge that they don't know all the answers which takes faith.

Long and short of it is that people aren't prepared to accept that they don't know how everything in this world works and don't have all the answers.

Woah, my position is that the evidence for a god or gods doesn't justify a belief.

Faith is belief without evidence. Even worse, there's an example on this thread of rejecting evolution because it doesn't fit with a world view.

Science constantly works towards finding answers to questions, Ebola being one of them. Leaving that to faith would have been catastrophic.