Uncaring Councillors?

Well first of all we will stop handing out thousands uopn thousands to all these minorities groups,we will also have the neccesary funds available due to our pulling out from the E U that ought to free up BILLIONS, more than enough to keep any rise to the inflation rate.

I have to say that you lib dems are a complete joke,wherever you have has control of this City you have soon been rumbled by the people and lost control again pretty quick.

Wont take any lessons from the lib dems thankyou very much,your worse than Labour.

Forget the party jibes your just as bad as the rest, I am not a sopkesperson for the Lib Dems!!!

Explain to me how pulling out of a free trade area where over 65% of your trade is done brings in millions!!

Explain by figures not bland statements, Look at the Balance of trade figures minus the EU payment and explain how this works. Because when i do it I get a MINUS figure!!

You see Roy simple one liners might be OK for some but thouse who take the time to read trade figures and understand the basis of the EU trade budget won't agree with you.

Also I don't think the EU payment comes from the council budget.

So explain how you are going to get the budget to the level of inflation

Well first of all we will stop handing out thousands uopn thousands to all these minorities groups,we will also have the neccesary funds available due to our pulling out from the E U that ought to free up BILLIONS, more than enough to keep any rise to the inflation rate.

You should let Jan Wilson know about these Councillor powers - she might be able to fix the potholes :)

I have phoned Jan Wilson on 2734340 as stated in her leafet to find out where the council tax goes.I am still waiting for a return call for over 10days

If they canot return a simple call what the likehood that the will take any fill any potholes.the only streets cleaned and maintained are the councillors and head of depts

Forget the party jibes your just as bad as the rest, I am not a sopkesperson for the Lib Dems!!!

Explain to me how pulling out of a free trade area where over 65% of your trade is done brings in millions!!

Explain by figures not bland statements, Look at the Balance of trade figures minus the EU payment and explain how this works. Because when i do it I get a MINUS figure!!

You see Roy simple one liners might be OK for some but thouse who take the time to read trade figures and understand the basis of the EU trade budget won't agree with you.

Sadly VERY SADLY, I have to agree with our local nazi Roy here, your posts certainly indicate your love for all things Lib Dem, ie Europe, inability to do simple sums etc. Since when has the eu been a free trade area you forgotten the French ban on British Beef, we are still a net contributer to the EU.

And that says nothing for the enormous democratic deficit that is in operation between ordinary voters and the unelected, unaccountable beaurocrats in brussels who take all the important, and increasinly unimpotant decisions that affect all our lives.

Annie_lou2, just a quick reminder - please don't call folks 'Nazis'.

If we can, debate the isues without the name calling.

Cheers,

Joe

I'm not politicaly minded and like 95% of the voting electorate never have any contact with our councillors other than voting time,

but when I slip into the 5% that do, I expect my elected councillor to act on my behalf.

When they came to look at my wall they ( the Labour councillors ) admitted that they could see a problem, when asked if they would like to be shown other problem walls in the area they said they did'nt have time.

Whilst I can understand they may be busy, they then stood around waffling, when I pointed out that the time they had just wasted could have been better employed looking at the other problems they seemed less than enthusiastic.

When Councillor Scriven came he saw the problem, and when Sheffield Homes representatives arrived took it up with them immediately.

These same representatives from Sheffield Homes were supposed to have been at the meeting with the Labour councillors but never materialised.

I'm not politicaly minded and like 95% of the voting electorate never have any contact with our councillors other than voting time,

but when I slip into the 5% that do, I expect my elected councillor to act on my behalf.

When they came to look at my wall they ( the Labour councillors ) admitted that they could see a problem, when asked if they would like to be shown other problem walls in the area they said they did'nt have time.

Whilst I can understand they may be busy, they then stood around waffling, when I pointed out that the time they had just wasted could have been better employed looking at the other problems they seemed less than enthusiastic.

When Councillor Scriven came he saw the problem, and when Sheffield Homes representatives arrived took it up with them immediately.

These same representatives from Sheffield Homes were supposed to have been at the meeting with the Labour councillors but never materialised.

Regadless of all the political point scoring, this post from a non party political person and man on the street says it all really....

Whilst awaiting an outcome on the problem with the walls in North Sheffield,

I was dismayed coming through Shirecliffe today, to find that the new walls in that area are suffering the same problem as mine.

This is after Sheffield Homes were made aware of this and yet they carry on with no regard.

And if the knockers see this, go and look at the walls that have not yet got a fence on top, then look at those that have, no need to have a close look the damage can be seen from accross the road.

:rant: well just because my councillor could not be bothered to do anything jane bird referred my problem to streetforce who told me they cannot sort a rampaging tree out that is affecting my asthma ruining my house my car and also when the leaves fall my elderly neighbour is scared stiff of falling on the leaves all because it is not in their budget sorry but nowonder the bnp are getting more and more votes not that i am condoning their actions orany form of racism but no one listens these day unless there is a donation to a campaign these days:rant: :rant:

now if any councillors feel like doing something about this pm me. If you feel like you want me to point out the problem and Inroduce you to the scared old lady I am more than willing.

Oh and before someone mentions the open days I actually have a job and work monday to friday 8am - 5pm.:suspect: :suspect:

If you have the the same luck as me you may as well go and talk to the tree,

I'm still talking to the brick wall.

Here are some photos of the wall and these are also scatterd around the district. here is a selection of some of the problems that retep and others have,some are reteps and some are others,I have more but I think this ilustrates the problem.

You can clearly see the shody workmanship and this is very recently done,just wait a couple of yrs and I think then the walls will crumble.

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/6005/mar197020sx.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3104/mar197006pk.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/6700/mar196999fc.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/716/mar196981ep.jpg

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3913/mar196970md.jpg

Now is this acceptable ? I dont think it is and the cost of having to go over the work again is a gross waste of everyones money. I have more photos which I will put here later.

So councillors what are YOU going to do about it?

No it's not acceptable it's carp and reminds me of the work now beind done around the Flower estate and the home improvements that have taken place on the Fife St. estate

Mod note:

Then take it up with the Authorities. This is not the place to make such accusations and as we have said many times it is not the place for party political promotion either. Thanks.

Helping someone with a problem is now classed as electioneering, is it ? don't get me wrong I have no time for the BNP but I've seen for myself the state of the so called improvements around Fife street.

My brothers neighbour has a large hole in the side of her house where the cowboys pulled of part of a baton last Summer and have still not returned to fix the problem despite being asked on a weekly basis. Windows removed, new frames inserted and then having to wait weeks for the glass to be fitted and in the meantime having to live with part of the windows boarded up....... and Labour did what to help....