Sign in to follow this  

Who Actually Lives In The City Centre?

Which of these types form the MAJORITY of urban residents in Sheffield?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these types form the MAJORITY of urban residents in Sheffield?

• Young professionals (Managers, Executives, etc)
    • Students (but NOT inc student only complexes)
    • Non-professionals (service industries, cafes, bars, shops, clubs, pubs, etc)
    • 'traditional' Professionals (Doctors, lawyers, etc)
    • Unemployed
    • No clear main group, mix of all the above, or more

I live in Crookes, and can walk home from town in less than 20 minutes - sometimes quicker than waiting for a taxi. I'm still thinking about moving to town though. Oh, and I'm self employed.

true, i wouldn't want to work 48hrs/week + 2 night club shifts. Sounds like bloody hard work.

Both me and my g/f both live in the city centre and we would class ourselves as young professionals pulling in a nice wage between us- we both have upwardly mobile office jobs training towards management, no need to use me car on a daily basis (saving myself over £20-30 a week) which easily offsets the extra rent you have to pay and i love the fact you have everything sheffield city centre has to offer being right on your doorstep!!

Well whoopy s**t Scott F. You must be very proud of yourself. Do you sit and with your girlfriend every night dicussing yourself and counting your money.

She's working pretty damn hard to make the money though isn't she. Makes me glad I went and got a proper job.

What constitutes a 'proper job' and why isn't bar work one?

Well whoopy s**t Scott F. You must be very proud of yourself. Do you sit and with your girlfriend every night dicussing yourself and counting your money.

what's your problem, he was just replying to the question about who lives in the centre.

sw9wj - the topic for another thread I think. Maybe I should have said a proper career to be clearer.

Oi! This is a thread about what types of people live in city centre flats. Scotts made a good post about his own personal circumstances, theres no boasting there - so, theres no need to be bitchy about it. Add something constructive please, or nothing at all.

Thanks scott

I also live in the city centre, but am looking to move out of town - been near the centre for nine years or so. The huge savings on transport do offset the higher rents, and its nice being close to the nightlife etc., but after a while you start to want some space. ;)

Originally Posted by richardwright

That's the problem with forums, you get the odd people who don't like what you have to say, you have to be very thick skinned, Good on you ScottF workin hard, payin taxes, generally contributing to society!

cheers

scoot

Who the hell are you??

Actually i am proud of myself mr richardwright for earning a good living and actually contributing to society? Chill out for gods sake, its only a messageboard, either say something sensible or just don't even bother hitting that 'reply' buttom.

Edd- Yeah i can see us wanting some space in a few years like yourself but at the moment it suits us down to the ground! (not ready for gardening duty just yet- lol!!!)

Before tax or after?

Either way, i'm sure she's right about the cost of taxis. I'm just surprised that it doesn't make more sense to live out of town and get your own transport. But that's OT and non of my business.

She's working pretty damn hard to make the money though isn't she. Makes me glad I went and got a proper job.

AFTER tax I think (but who declares all their tips which are cash to the taxman anyway!!).....but she's actually a GRADUATE of Sheff Uni with a 2:1 in Psychology....and can ONLY get bar work!!! All the 'graduate trainee' jobs she found paid less than what she makes now...

hearing a hint of jealousy there