Long drives - what do you do?

I'm surprised eliminating cyclists isn't up there on the list of your driving entertainments
They're only 1 point each. Pets and grandmas are worth more :twisted::D

Find a station with, or have prep'd driving tunes, hunker down and eat up the miles.

If I'm going anywhere new to me I'll stop along the way and just have a look around. It's a must to try any sandwich shop when hunger strikes regardless of appearences/areas etc; never know what culinary delights ensue :P

I pick up bus tickets and see which ones are valid then sit in wee wee and fart gas.

Edited by always

She has got a point.

Getting annoyed with others is done by your own free choice. No matter what others do you have the freedom of choice to enjoy it or get annoyed.

The reason you don't feel like you have that freedom happens because it has become a habit and you blame the others for how you react instead of acknowledging your own responsibility of how you react.

I have stopped taking things personal and stopped believing others are responsible to behave a certain way to please my expectations. If I do get annoyed or upset I immediately look at myself as the source of that annoyance and calm down.

he only asked what people do on journeys, not a psychological insight into why he gets annoyed on the road :D

my long journeys are usually done by train so i have my ipod and kindle to see me through

I did not mean anything nasty tzijlstra, I don't see myself as perfect. I fully understand the feeling of frustration, that is why I started looking at the source of it.

Still fall into that same trap but when I do have changed the direction I look.

Main danger is to start blaming, yourself or the other does not matter, it will start the judgemental machine in your head and frustration is born.

Let them stick to the middle lane. If you don't like it, it is your decision to get frustrated, you could also have decided to like it and have a good time thanking them for it.

I don't really suggest that bad driving habits are good or something to feel happy about. But if there is little you can do when others drive a certain way you can at least make sure you are not ruining your own life when you can use that same time and energy to feel joyful.

There is an old saying : If you can't alter your circumstances, alter yourself.