Yorkshire Farmer made it into Fortnum and Mason

I think it's absolutely brilliant what he and his wife have achieved - especially when you see so many farmers struggling in today's economy and the competition for foreign meats etc making things so much harder for them.

I'm 100% behind supporting local, free range produce, but I wouldn't buy his products from a company like Fortnum & Mason because of their lack of animal welfare ethics - I hope he manages to sell his produce in other stores too and he becomes a huge success - always like to see Yorkshire success!

Just hope Fortnum & Mason stop selling Foie Gras - if not then they should be ashamed!!! They are successful and very well known and under no circumstances should condone such vicious cruelty!

Oh start a group...

Mass breading of animals and killing them days later could be seen as vicious cruelty. Battery farming of product could be seen as vicious cruelty. Killing any animal for the purposes of food when there is vegetation and plants available could be seen as vicious cruelty.

However, we all eat and things are done for the purposes of food. The shops sell what people want to buy. Get over it.

Now back to the OP. Absolutely excellent news. I imagine that getting through F&M selection process is very tough and great for them to have got through - I love the way they continue to attend the local markets too. Never seem to have lost their routes.

Yes, me too. I like to hope that by eating more local, the prices will drop as there are more choices. Then everyone can eat well too. :)

This local honey business I have not seen or heard of before, but it is interesting that they became the supplier as well. I hope more local businesses will try to aim for this too.

Oh start a group...

Mass breading of animals and killing them days later could be seen as vicious cruelty. Battery farming of product could be seen as vicious cruelty. Killing any animal for the purposes of food when there is vegetation and plants available could be seen as vicious cruelty.

However, we all eat and things are done for the purposes of food. The shops sell what people want to buy. Get over it.

Now back to the OP. Absolutely excellent news. I imagine that getting through F&M selection process is very tough and great for them to have got through - I love the way they continue to attend the local markets too. Never seem to have lost their routes.

DO NOT tell me to get over something I have very strong feelings about and have every right to, and do not need some arrogant individual like you coming on here mouthing off like a gobby little teenager!! I have every right to my opinion just like you do without being shouted down!!

If you even bothered to read my post I said I am very pleased for this particular farmer, but it doesn't mean I have to like the places that are selling his produce.

You seem to be telling F&M what to do? You seem to be suggesting that people who DO condone production and eating of Foie Gras should "be ashamed".

I too am entitled to my opinion and im sure F&M are entitled to sell what they beleive is a product that their customers want to buy.

I am happy to agree to disagree

But I find it very silly when I see these comments about a shop being compelled to stop doing something perfectly legal to be imported and made to feel shamed into doing so.

You seem to be telling F&M what to do? You seem to be suggesting that people who DO condone production and eating of Foie Gras should "be ashamed".

I too am entitled to my opinion and im sure F&M are entitled to sell what they beleive is a product that their customers want to buy.

I am happy to agree to disagree

But I find it very silly when I see these comments about a shop being compelled to stop doing something perfectly legal to be imported and made to feel shamed into doing so.

They most certainly should be ashamed - have you seen the barbaric way in which foie gras is produced??? It's horrific for those poor animals, and absolutely no argument can change this....there is a reason a number of large companies and distributors have stopped having anything to do with it.

They most certainly should be ashamed - have you seen the barbaric way in which foie gras is produced??? It's horrific for those poor animals, and absolutely no argument can change this....there is a reason a number of large companies and distributors have stopped having anything to do with it.

What is funny is I know a few who cry like babies when they are point scoring about Halal meat but wont bat an eyelid at foie gras, I wonder why :hihi: