Ideal job vacancies.

Has anyone ever been headhunted for a job? I have, apparently they had my c.v.The job was no experience neccesary 1 weeks training, vehicle supplied £20.000 pa full time monday to friday. The job sounded so fantastic and too good to be true.I had an interview in a hotel lobby 8.15pm last week. To date I have not received any correspondance from them, So I have tried ringing the number they left on email and no one answers the phone when i call back. The email contained job description and a website for the company, so I have rang the company who answered but explained they was busy and would ring back in half an hour, That was 2 hours ago. I dont want to miss out on this job if its real but need to know if this is a scam from the job center to see if people are attending interviews.

Has anyone ever been headhunted for a job? I have, apparently they had my c.v.The job was no experience neccesary 1 weeks training, vehicle supplied £20.000 pa full time monday to friday. The job sounded so fantastic and too good to be true.I had an interview in a hotel lobby 8.15pm last week. To date I have not received any correspondance from them, So I have tried ringing the number they left on email and no one answers the phone when i call back. The email contained job description and a website for the company, so I have rang the company who answered but explained they was busy and would ring back in half an hour, That was 2 hours ago. I dont want to miss out on this job if its real but need to know if this is a scam from the job center to see if people are attending interviews.

In bold alarm bells would be ringing, £20,000 + car for a job with no experience required sounds dubious. I would think scam

I was head hunted for a job. The job was doing the same as I was already doing but two and a half grand a year more and a parking space in the company car park. Within six months of taking the job the company started making people redundant, in the end I was the twenty forth to be made redundant.

Now I never take a job on face value and research the company and as many of the company names as possible.

After ringing three times today and getting told the contact that interviewed me was busy and would ring me back, I received an e mail saying i was unsuccessful, so now out of pocket and lost another job opportunity. what a waste of time.

There's headhunting and there's headhunting. Often "headhunters" ie recruitment agents will call people using phrases designed to make you feel wanted when all they are after is their few grand fee for placing someone. And as long as someone they've recommended gets the job they don't care

This is not a criticism of decent recruiters btw as many do an excellent job getting to know their clients and job seekers and making the right match.

After ringing three times today and getting told the contact that interviewed me was busy and would ring me back, I received an e mail saying i was unsuccessful, so now out of pocket and lost another job opportunity. what a waste of time.

Sorry to hear that, hope you have better luck in the future

There's headhunting and there's headhunting. Often "headhunters" ie recruitment agents will call people using phrases designed to make you feel wanted when all they are after is their few grand fee for placing someone. And as long as someone they've recommended gets the job they don't care

This is not a criticism of decent recruiters btw as many do an excellent job getting to know their clients and job seekers and making the right match.

You are so right thank you, It was a recruitment agency that put me onto this job vacancy. Well he got his money.

Why on earth are you out of pocket?

I am out of pocket because the benefit system pays me £17.00 per week and I had to travel 18 miles to the interview. it was located in a hotel that was at a motorway services.

I agree. Headhunting is normally where a company has identified a particular candidate and, for reasons of confidentiality, need a 'middleman', to broker a deal. It is a form of recruitment but is very targeted.

I'm not being funny but at what point did the alarm bells start to ring?

Was it not when they had a copy of your CV that you had never sent out?

Was it not when they offered a job on 20k with company car with no experience necessary?

Was it not when they wanted an evening interview in a service station café?

My stay away klaxon would be screaming. What company was it?