TV aerials (roof)

Already searched, but no recent ones.

I need a new aerial/adjustment to mine. S6 area.

I'm not paying for Sky/Virgin type things anymore. Rip off and I don't need them anymore. So I'm going for the aerial. The freeview channels are ok on BBC and a few others, but the rest are all 25% signal.

I saw a bloke/van fixing one on my street last week, but didn't take the number down.

Any recommendations please?

I have had a aerial fitted recently and they were very quick and the price was the going rate for digital aerial, it was fitted by AB aerials and got them from yellow pages, hope this helps

We used Ecclesfield ariels, they did a good job at a reasonable price :)

I'm not paying for Sky/Virgin type things anymore. Rip off and I don't need them anymore. So I'm going for the aerial. The freeview channels are ok on BBC and a few others, but the rest are all 25% signal.

I saw a bloke/van fixing one on my street last week, but didn't take the number down.

I used a company from stannington, slaters i think they were called. Good service and fair price.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have had a aerial fitted recently and they were very quick and the price was the going rate for digital aerial, it was fitted by AB aerials and got them from yellow pages, hope this helps

Dont be fobbed off there are no special antenna for free view.

---------- Post added 01-02-2014 at 12:24 ----------

ash, did you know you can get all the free view channels through your sky dish and box but you will need a free view card from sky they are about £10 the last i heard.

We had a freesat dish put up and I would recommend doing that. Once you have bought it that's it, and BBC and C4 in HD is handy too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dont be fobbed off there are no special antenna for free view.

---------- Post added 01-02-2014 at 12:24 ----------

ash, did you know you can get all the free view channels through your sky dish and box but you will need a free view card from sky they are about £10 the last i heard.

There isn't a dish. The place where I have sky now, I'm leaving.

We had a freesat dish put up and I would recommend doing that. Once you have bought it that's it, and BBC and C4 in HD is handy too.

Is this the same as above spill?

Do you mind if I ask how much it was to set up?

O'k ash. Well I can't find the receipt now but I know it worked out around only £30 more than our neighbour who had an aerial installed, so well worth the bit extra.

Can definitely recommend Steve at AB Aerials - he has done lots of work for us in the past, and he is always the first person we call if we have any issues

Slater Brothers every time!! They are based in Stannington call 0114 231 1531