Any Ex-Pats in the US

owlsfan

The population vote in the government and reflect its foreign policy. I've lived in the USA long enough to know how they think, have you heard the saying," my country right or wrong". 911 was a classic example of how they cause havoc in the world but bleat like stuck pigs when they get a taste.

Why do I live in the USA? Weather and being too old now to go through the trauma of moving,20 years younger and I'd be back in the Sheffield area in no time.:hihi:

Yes but the voters don't know what the government will do until they get in.

The population vote in the government and reflect its foreign policy. I've lived in the USA long enough to know how they think, have you heard the saying," my country right or wrong". 911 was a classic example of how they cause havoc in the world but bleat like stuck pigs when they get a taste.

Why do I live in the USA? Weather and being too old now to go through the trauma of moving,20 years younger and I'd be back in the Sheffield area in no time.:hihi:

So 9-11 was a taste was it? That's really nice. I'm always interested to know what the reaction was supposed to be. Sit back and let the 'mahametados' crap all over us?

So 9-11 was a taste was it? That's really nice. I'm always interested to know what the reaction was supposed to be. Sit back and let the 'mahametados' crap all over us?
We don't all feel that way. Most Brits were horrified and shocked to the core re 9/11. If a bomb had been dropped on London, certain people would have a very different point of view!:o

• 2 weeks later...
We will never have peace in the world while governments use false flags as an excuse to wage war.
The Government, Who ever they may be are not going to tell the population what their real policies are until the get in power. No-one would vote!

Those innocent people in the Twin Towers did not deserve 'a taste' as you put it!

No they didn't but nor did the Vietnamese,the Iraqis, the Panamanians, and all the other countries invaded by the USA.

It was obvious what Bush was up to but the US electorate voted him in twice. This mess in the middle east is a direct result of Americans voting without thinking.

If the purpose of the Iraq invasion was to change a cruel regime then all the logistics would have been in place before the invasion and implemented as soon as Hussein was ousted but the real reason was the oil,hence the mess.

Some of the old threads have appeared in this one, so I may be repeating myself. I've lived in Connecticut since 1977, was in Canada for nine years before that. Summers can be very hot, especially this year, and winters pretty cold, though less so than most of New England. I've spent a lot of time around the San Francisco bay area, especially in St. Jose, and Florida. I've done contract work in Pennsylvania, New York, Alabama, Vermont, Maine, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Washington State, Oregon, New Hampshire, so I guess I know my way around. Every state is a little bit different from its neighbor, and a lot different from far away ones. But no matter where you go, you can rely on the national food and merchandise chains to be nearby.

• 6 years later...
I left Sheffield in '99. And by way of Manchester, London and Woking, ended up in Los Angeles. I now live just north of San Diego. I prefer SD to LA just because it's cleaner, more laid-back and less crowded than LA. LA is not an attractive place - sure, there are one or two gems...but as a city it's nothing like New York (an amazing place). San Francisco is nice too.

The guy who cut my hair when I lived in LA was from Sheffield too. In fact, he knew a former girlfriend of mine from the time he worked at Creator on West Street. Small world innit?

"Small world innit?) yes! but in the same words of comedian Steve Wright, "I wouldn't like to paint it!!"

Archived